Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch 30 million of Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Are you passionate about storytelling? Are traditional storytelling styles holding you back? Do you have the courage to be creative? Than CityNews is looking for you. We have an opening for a Part-Time Video Journalist on our CityNews Vancouver team.
What you will do…
- Work with a dynamic team to produce creative stories which capture daily life in Vancouver.
- Come up with original story ideas and produce original stories that you will shoot and edit.
- Deliver stories which will stand out from the competition, emphasizing creativity over traditional methods.
- Your stories will be digital first, and will also deliver for all platforms (radio and TV)
What you will bring…
- A passion for storytelling – you know what makes a great story and know how to tell it.
- Ability to find original stories about people and issues which reflect Vancouver’s exciting and diverse communities.
- Experience in shooting and editing.
- A self-starter with a can-do, solution-oriented attitude
- An understanding of multi-platform coverage, not confined by a ‘typical’ television reporter package.
- News moves fast! You must be able to multi-task and deliver for multiple, daily online and broadcast deadlines
- Because news never stops – you are prepared to work evenings and weekends.
- Valid driver’s licence and clean driving record.
Here’s what you can expect in return:
• A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
• A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
• A team that trusts and wants to win together
• Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”
• Flexibility to work from home even after the pandemic ends
• Your choice of hardware and software (iPhone or Android/Mac or PC etc.)
• As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently
- Address a