Requisition ID: 26580
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, BC’s Top Employers, and Canada’s Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose & Function
Reporting directly to the Chief Procurement Officer and Director of Supply Chain Management, the SCM Warehousing and Inventory Management (WIM) Integration Manager provides strategic leadership and direction to the Warehouse & Inventory functions for the City of Vancouver and improves governance and develops a meaningful way of working across the Supply Chain Management organization in order to deliver an integrated Supply Chain service to the City of Vancouver. Additionally, the position provides recommendations, development, implementation and oversight of performance objectives, optimization strategies, inventory control systems, budgetary and cost requirements, and technology, while simultaneously maintaining accuracy, customer service, and safety.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees the Warehousing & Inventory Management functions at the City of Vancouver
- Develops, implements, evaluates and continuously improves short and long-range objectives to meet department goals to optimize the use of personnel, material, fleet and financial resources to meet and exceed the level of service required for the delivery of the City of Vancouver’s Warehouse and Inventory Management
- Provides leadership, direction and objectives for assigned teams to successfully deliver an integrated Supply Chain service to the City of Vancouver
- Sets, analyzes, and reports on performance standards and key performance indicators of the core Warehouse and Inventory Management functions across the City of Vancouver
- Develops, establishes, manages and meets service level agreements with internal City of Vancouver business units with respect to Warehousing and Inventory Management
- Develops, implements and sustains the corporate material management procedures including handling, storage and distribution of goods in compliance with safety and regulatory internal and external policies
- Provides and monitors Warehouse and Inventory Management monthly and quarterly metrics and year-end reports to Financial Services, Internal Auditor and Supply Chain Management
- Reviews, monitors and fine-tunes Warehouse and Inventory Management processes for efficiency and continuous improvement, including contract and vendor performance management related to operational stock and non-stock purchases and inventory management
- Investigates goods and service concerns and provides leadership support for vendor and customer relations
- Establishes, delivers, and governs the integration of Warehousing and Inventory Management within Supply Chain services and client Business Unit processes at the City of Vancouver
- Leads projects and cross-functional teams to meet and exceed organizational performance levels, business transformation, vendor management, and process improvement
- Researches, recommends and implements procedures and standard processes related to Warehousing and Inventory Management best practices.
- Recommends updates to policies
- Provides direct leadership, education, and communication to reporting managers, supervisors and other staff, including candidate selection, training and development, coaching, mentoring, evaluating performance and discipline up to and including termination
- Provides career planning advice to staff and creates development plans to help staff achieve their career goals including assigning work which leverages their skills and capabilities and provides them with opportunities for learning
- Develops, recommends, and implements changes to the organizational structure that will facilitate the delivery of an integrated Warehousing and Inventory Management function to the City of Vancouver
- Works with City of Vancouver key stakeholders in the implementation, sustainment, upgrade and integration of the information technology required to support the Warehousing and Inventory Management functions at the City of Vancouver
- Develops business cases and presents reports and proposals to General Managers and Directors for information or recommendations for consideration
- Supports the Chief Procurement Officer / Director, Supply Chain Management with management and administration responsibilities as assigned and required related to Warehousing and Inventory Management
- Meets budgetary objectives in conjunction with corporate goals and objectives and directs the Warehousing and Inventory Management function resource allocation
- Oversees the surplus asset sales for the City of Vancouver in compliance with the Corporate Procurement Policy
- Establishes and manages unit’s operating budgets and ensures cost efficiencies
- Participate in departmental strategic planning sessions to contribute in the development of the vision and mandate for Supply Chain Management and the execution and implementation of initiatives to achieve the Finance, Risk and Supply Chain Management business and service plan objectives
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or a related discipline
- 7 years of experience in progressively Supply Chain Management roles including 5+years leading and managing within a large and diverse team environment across functional groups and in varying locations (preferably in a unionized environment) and 5+ years process improvement experience in warehouse and inventory management
- Preferred Certifications – Association for Supply Chain Management (ASCM) APICS – CPIM, CSCP, CLTD or the Logistics Institute P.Log
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of the use of Lean continuous improvement, Lean management, or Lean Six Sigma
- Ability to build relationships and to influence all levels of the organization
- Ability to lead corporate business transformation and the proven ability to deliver an integrated Supply Chain service
- Ability to develop robust business proposals and gaining senior leadership buy-in to explore new corporate-wide ways of working
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions in a complex environment with shifting demands and no established precedents
- Sound business acumen with the ability to quickly and thoroughly understand business priorities
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
A Police Record Check is a requirement of this position. A clearance requires the absence of any criminal charges or convictions related to this position.
Business Unit/Department: Finance, Risk & Supply Chain Management (1150)
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Posting Close Date: March 19, 2021
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process. If you would like to be considered for this exciting and impactful career opportunity, please apply through our careers site.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Address 453 W 12th Ave, Vancouver, BC