Closing Date: April 30, 2021
Want to make a difference? Join a fast paced, high energy, and dynamic team that is transforming mining for the future.
Find out more about RACE21™ on our website!
Reporting to the RACE21™ Manager of Value Delivery, Sustainability, the Water and Environmental Specialist (known at Teck as Specialist, Digital Analytics Deployment, Water or Tailings) is responsible for supporting the evaluation, development, and deployment of advanced analytics to water and tailings management activities at our existing, legacy, and future operations.
To be successful in this role we are looking for somene with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills. Someone who is a motivated self-starter, organized, and able to prioritize contending demands.
This is an exciting and dynamic role, acting as the interface between RACE21™ digital teams, tailings and water end users, and subject matter experts. You will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies being used in this industry for the first time.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Coordinate product owners, designers, developers, and data scientists to engage operational front line users to craft product features, ensuring solutions will solve a valuable business problem
- Translate end user feedback, during product development cycles, to ensure products meet business objectives and will be adopted by end users
- Cultivate collaboration between operations and digital product teams to define how success will be measured, and track performance of the solution
- Coordinate a comprehensive approach to deployment, identify changes, and lead implementation to ensure adoption of solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Sciences, Applied Sciences (Engineering), or equivalent
- Subject matter expertise and regulatory or operational experience in tailings or water management in a resource extraction context
- Previous experience in data science, data engineering, or software engineering or deployment within the resource industry
- Experience working on or with site operational continuous improvement teams
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK. Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.
- Address 550 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada