At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Reporting to the VP Access Networks West, this role provides leadership for all access networks across the western region. Main role is to monitor and drive performance within the region and our strategic, efficient and inclusive planning for all of Rogers platforms and services.
The primary responsibilities of this role are; to monitor and drive the KPI’s and performance improvements across BC, Alberta, and Saskatchewan for all Wireline and wireless and R4B services. Create and drive detailed plans for deployment of all access network elements. Assist VP and liaison with local municipal planners, politicians, business commerce associations, provincial bodies, and Rogers Business Unit counterparts to ensure that we deliver a high performing and efficient access network for all Rogers customers as well as in comparison to our competitors. Understand and prepare Rogers performance for special events in the Western region.
The successful candidate will be a results oriented leader with extensive industry knowledge, familiar with Wireline and Wireless network elements and general telecommunications knowledge. Leading a team of highly technical staff as well as outsourced resources to support and manage all Wireline and Wireless locations for network capacity and future technology needs. You will work closely with regional leadership to effectively support the performance of the Access networks delivering the required customer experience, and supporting future network requirements, while seeking ways to continuously improve using the Rogers corporate values.
The main areas of focus will be to:
• Consolidate regional fibre requirements for all lines of business
• Plan fibre routes and capacity to meet above as a unified network plan
• Provide feedback for timing and requirements to National Planning
• Plan for wireless and wireline forced relocates with impact assessments
• WLS Network coverage and capacity plans using traffic demands and KPI data.
• WLS and WLN Network capital budgeting for WLS and OPE Access projects.
• Regional Competitor coverage and technology deployment analysis.
• WLS Access prime for partnership markets (where applicable).
• Plan all COW or temporary coverage requirements.
• Performance and optimization function of RF shaping, parameter audit, monitor KPI to identify chronic worst offender, broken sites and KPI acceptance of all additions and changes.
• Radio Engineering of antenna systems for new sites or additions existing sites and ensure Safety Code 6 compliance
• Municipal, Provincial, and Federal support as required to submit business cases to access government funding
• Accountable to meet Opex and Capex budgets as assigned
• Leading a highly skilled technical workforce with operations, planning, project management and analytical skills.
• Accountable for delivering Regional KPI’s and performance
• Training and staff development, Health & Safety training and succession planning
You will be accountable to:
• Ensure meet Network performance KPI objectives
• Meet financial objectives
• Budget and CA regional driven projects including relocations, provincial/municipal supported builds, and ad hoc projects as required
• Ensure and accept that all work performed meets engineering standards and guidelines.
• Ensure that vendors delivery meets KPI guidelines from national team
• Ensure engineering groups are fully supported for successful changes including space and power and records associated
• Ensure all objectives are clear and communicated to staff to ensure alignment of objectives across the R4B business
• Demonstrated leadership skills in strategy planning and execution
• Strong organizational, communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to easily understand and to be understood
• Advanced leadership coaching and mentoring skills
• Adaptable to change with the ability to lead change adoption
• Ability to challenge the status quo
• Demonstrated business, financial and political acumen
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple teams and competing priorities
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
- Address 4710 Kingsway, Burnaby, BC, V5H 4W4