Improve lives. Love your job. Grow your career.
At LifeLabs, we are focused on our vision of building a healthier Canada! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 350 collection centers, 21 laboratories and service over 19 million patients each year.
Caring, Agile, Customer Driven, One Team – We live our values every day in what we do to help our patients and healthcare providers. With over 5,000 employees, we all make a difference and that is why our people are so important to us.
This is an exciting time to join our LifeLabs team, grow your career with us and support numerous business initiatives, innovations, best practice and business development opportunities.
The Human Resource Consultant, provides HR consulting services and support the implementation of HR policies, programs and practices that enable managers and employees to achieve their business objectives and sustain an engaged workforce.
- Assist with implementing and maintaining national HR programs and processes in the areas of talent and succession planning, performance management, organizational design, harassment, attendance management, HR policies, orientation, employment equity, employee engagement
- Monitor changes in the regulatory environment and recommend revisions to ensure policies and programs meet changing requirements
- Research/gather and analyze data and provide recommendations to support program and policy design or enhancements
- Provide day to day consulting support to managers and employees in both non-union and unionized client groups to assist them in achieving business goals and objectives
- Assist managers and employees to effectively apply HR policies and programs to ensure consistency in interpretation and application
- Participate in implementing organizational change initiatives and participate on cross function teams and projects as required
- Monitor, track and summarize HR metrics for KPI dashboard including collecting and analyzing data for trends and providing recommendations
- Act as a resource to support disability management activities
- Provide coaching and guidance to client groups to assist in resolving employee relations/labor relations issues including consistent interpretation and application of policies, programs and the collective agreement
- Assist with educating leadership teams on effective performance management practices
- Partner with HR Manager to investigate and report on allegations of harassment, discrimination and violence in the workplace
- University degree or college diploma in Human Resources
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years progressive HR Generalist experience. Labor relations exposure is preferred
- Understanding of HR governance, legislation and regulatory environment in order to identify issues and appropriately consult with managers and employees
- Demonstrated business acumen and consulting skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (VLookup, Pivot Tables, etc.)
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and resourceful
- Strong leadership, coaching, facilitation skills
LifeLabs is committed to building an inclusive environment and will provide accommodations in accordance with the AODA – Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please indicate in your application any accommodations you will require throughout the recruitment process. Alternatively please contact our corporate offices main line to be directed to a member of the Talent Acquisition team at (416) 675-4530.
- CAD Month
- Image Gallery