The goal of the City of Burnaby and its employees is to consistently deliver first class service and services to our community. With this in mind, we hire people who share the same passion, those with the drive and determination to grow with and contribute to our already exceptional team. People like you!
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Engineering department as a Traffic Control Person/Labourer and begin your municipal career! Current opportunities offer full-time hours for assignments from January 2021 to December 18, 2021 with the possibility of extension.
Duties of Traffic Control Person/Labourers working in our Engineering division include, but are not restricted to:
- Traffic Control work, which is committed to driver, pedestrian and worker safety in setting up and taking down equipment as well as flagging
- Setting up traffic control plans
- Customer service in responding to questions from motorists, pedestrians etc., when flagging
- When not working in traffic control work, laboring duties in roads, water and sewer will be assigned as needed
- Other related duties as required
The position requires knowledge and skills in traffic control and flagging along with the BCCSA Traffic Control Person certification. It also requires knowledge and skills in the methods, techniques, materials, tools, and equipment used in general construction and maintenance work. Applicants should highlight traffic control, labouring, construction, plumbing, concrete, framing, etc. as well as any additional certifications. Driver’s Licence for the Province of British Columbia, Class 5, is required (Class 3 with air brake endorsement is an asset). Level 2 First Aid is an asset.
In some circumstances, may be required to act as a Labourer 2 (Traffic Control Person 2), Hourly wage: $29.71 plus benefits
Please apply by January 8, 2021.
Copies of relevant professional certificates, degrees, or tickets will be required at the time of the interview.
Please contact Human Resources at 604-294-7303 if you do not receive a confirmation email within one hour of submitting your application online.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Address 4949 Canada Way, Burnaby, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery