At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
The Manager, BC Augmentations Manager, will lead a team responsible for overall project delivery of site augmentation projects for capacity, transport, LTE and technical upgrades. This team is also accountable for regional elements of national programs (LTE, Next Generation Networks, and Core Network).
This role will be based in Burnaby, BC.
The incumbent will have an uncanny ability to remove operational hurdles, manage risk over a portfolio of initiatives, reduce project timelines, prioritize competing needs, and create business opportunities while respecting process.
They will need to demonstrate end-to-end analytical horsepower, industry foresight and have an ability to build and motivate a high performing team.
- Plan and deliver regional capacity, transport both Fibre and Microwave, and program commitments on time and on budget
- End-to-end management of contracted labour acquisition process, including RFI/RFP process, contract award, requisitioning
- management, on-line receiving and contracted service management.
- Budgetary responsibility for all projects under their control, including costing and cost structure. Identify and execute cost and process improvement opportunities.
- Create, in partnership, with Network Planning, Engineering, Technology Implementation and Operations, joint implementation schedules that meet program requirements.
- Responsible for regional scheduling, tracking, reporting and management of on-going augmentation programs. This includes issuing status reports to track and communicate regional progress and accomplishments.
- Ensure all regional and national planning tools are updated and accurately show the progress of all projects.
- Manage and report on the regional financials and expenditure forecasts on augmentation projects. Interface with Finance as required communicating key metrics.
- Develop, forecast and produce end-to-end program and project KPIs, including management reporting
- Ensure alignment on program deliverables across the western region Network Implementation team as well as other business stakeholders.
- Create and implement effective issues management strategies to overcome existing or potential challenges that could jeopardize objectives.
- Evolve regional process and reporting standard to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Responsible for creating, leading and managing a high performing team. This includes setting department and individual performance objectives, providing ongoing coaching, and supporting the career development of direct reports.
- Undergraduate University degree in Engineering, Applied Science and/or Business
- PMP Certification preferred
- Seven years of progressive and broad network implementation experience in a Wireless or Telecommunications environment.
- Five to seven years leading and managing a team with a proven track record of delivery and success.
- Strong experience with the deployment of HSPA, HSPA +, LTE, New Sites, SONET and M/W Transport Systems, Channel Additions, CLEC and WSP Interconnects, Broadband and IP Backbone Programs.
- Solid understanding of Wireless and Wireline Network Functionality, Principles, Standards and Technology trends.
- Ability to plan, execute, track and report on a large number of simultaneous initiatives with varying priorities in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Exceptional analytical, investigative, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to communicate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a strong attention to detail.
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with a proven ability to effectively lead a team to achieve short term and long term business results.
This role will require a criminal and credit check.
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Information Technology & Engineering || Canada (CA) || BC || Burnaby || [[mfield2]] ||
- CAD Month
- Address 4710 Kingsway, Burnaby, BC, V5H 4W4
- Image Gallery