A successful candidate will have the following attributes and qualifications including:
1. Active registration with CSMLS (or long-term medical lab work).
2. Successful graduation from a 2-year Medical Laboratory Science program.
3. A minimum of 2 years of related work experience including conducting a range of diagnostic and interpretive specimen testing in Hematology and Chemistry.
4. Performing, interpreting and releasing results, while ensuring the confidentiality of patient information.
5. Identifying incidents and non-conformities, participating in the development of effective corrective action plans, escalating as appropriate and driving continuous improvement.
6. Supervise and support a small staff of Laboratory Assistants.
7. Clean, maintain, and operate instruments and other equipment.
8. Assisting with the evaluation and implementation of new technology.
9. Ability to maintain the strictest standards of patient privacy and confidentiality.
10. Ability to participate in problem solving in work organization and workflow to drive continuous improvement.
11. Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
12. Respond to phone inquiries from clients such as hospitals, clinics and physicians.
13. Commitment to ensure test quality and personal safety at all times
14. Data entry skills.
15. Proficiency in English.
Details of the Position
· Full time and part-time positions available.
· Initial duration of appointment is for 6 months.
· Days of work and shifts will vary. The lab will be open 6 days a week.
· Compensation is competitive.
· Work may require some travel to set locations, or at a static lab location in the Lower Mainland.
- CAD Month