Requisition ID: 91267
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Leads and oversees the Sales department of Scotia Dealer Advantage in Canada ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Supports business plans, and business objectives for the department by: developing Direct Reports and entire team to accomplish strategic growth objectives; works with supervisors/team leads to recruit, select and hire the talent needed to meet the department’s goals; establishing metrics for the department(s) along with the Director, ensuring all team members clearly understand the metrics, and what is expected of them.
- Assists in the management of the quality of the Automotive Finance and Indirect Retail portfolio within the established parameters for underwriting by: monitoring and reviewing the quality of the loan portfolio credit quality through dealer segmentation reporting; reporting and escalating any unusual occurrences or fraudulent activities in the loan application process or loan volumes per established procedures.
- Maintains a high market profile within the assigned regional area with both internal and external contacts by: building and maintaining relationships with key dealers, strategic partners and contacts; representing the Business Line at various industry and association functions including participation in speaking engagements to further regional business development.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Completion of a post-secondary education (college or university) required.
- Previous supervisory experience in a sales capacity.
- Direct experience in prime or sub-prime financing required.
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, credit decisioning, contract management and/or loan application software relative to the business line.
- Work in a standard office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence. Extensive travel domestically and nationally.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Burnaby
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
- CAD Month
- Image Gallery