At LifeLabs, we are focused on our vision of building a healthier Canada! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 350 collection centres, 21 laboratories and service over 19 million patients each year.
Caring, Agile, Customer Driven, One Team – We live our values every day in what we do to help our patients and healthcare providers. With over 5,000 employees, we all make a difference and that’s why our people are so important to us.
Excelleris, a Canada Health Infoway award winner, developed the first noteworthy patient portals in which patients can access their own test results online, now providing over 2 million Canadians with online lab results.
This is an exciting time to join a team that leads the way when it comes to medical laboratory technology in Canada. Whether it's pioneering innovative diagnostic tests or connecting Canadians to their health with my results and my ehealth through Excelleris, LifeLabs counts on innovative technology every single day.
As the Software developer, you will be concerned with all facets of the software development process. You will be responsible for the design of application modules, maintain and deploy software applications to meet user and business needs. In addition, as the Senior Developer you will work with Business Analysts, Project Managers, Software Engineers and other developers to coordinate the development of processes to meet delivery deadlines.
This is a full time permanent role, located at 3500 Gilmore Way, Burnaby.
- Work with Manager, Applications, architects and team members to design and implement new module-level solutions in all areas of the applications, as well as maintain existing solutions, critical to LifeLabs' operations
- Implementation of software that is highly scalable and highly available, as well as developing secure code and adhere to security best-practices
- Work according to documented SDLC, providing feedback and input into SDLC as needed, and supporting automation of SDLC tasks as required
- Collaborate with Project Managers, Business Analysts and other project team members to implement module-level solutions as per requirements, clarifying details as needed and determining appropriate solution design
- Create and update appropriate software design and architecture documents, ensure implementation details and source code are sufficiently documented, and manage and maintain TFS user stories, tasks, etc. as needed
- Perform unit testing of developed components, implement automated unit tests, regression test integrated components. Execute performance tests, and optimize solutions as required
- Plan for and execute solution deployments and support non-production environments for mission critical applications. Provides customer focused support and troubleshoot and resolve problems and issues, in line with documented service levels.
- Work with team to find solutions to critical issues
- Prototype with new technologies, libraries, design patterns, emerging trends in software design and development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of previous programming experience with proven experience developing highly scalable and highly available application-level solutions
- HTML5, SOAP services, REST services and other modern web technologies (AngularJS, Bootstrap, HTML5)
- C#.NET (WCF, Web.API, MVC, EntityFramework)
- SQL Server (queries and stored procedures, query tuning and solving performance issues)
- Experience with TFS and build automation
- Proven ability to understand and maintain complex projects and solutions
- Solid understanding of the full software development life-cycle, including writing secure code
- Healthcare related experience (HL7, SNOMED, Health Information Exchange) would be an asset
- Experience with Biz Talk would be an asset
- Experience supporting legacy applications using technologies such as Intrsystem Cache and HSF
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and to manage multiple concurrent development projects in parallel
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities with excellent oral and written communication skills
- CAD Month
- Image Gallery