At LifeLabs, we are focused on our vision of building a healthier Canada! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 350 collection centres, 21 laboratories and service over 19 million patients each year.
Caring, Agile, Customer Driven, One Team – We live our values every day in what we do to help our patients and healthcare providers. With over 5,000 employees, we all make a difference and that’s why our people are so important to us.
As the Software Engineer, you will design, execute, assess, and troubleshoot software programs and applications. This includes: architectural design, configuring, analysis, coding, debugging, developing, and documenting software specifications throughout the project life cycle. The Software Engineer will design web-based applications using current architectures, tools, and methodologies and requires working at the highest technical level. Oversee production systems, and provide support to external and internal clients as required.
- Work with Manager, Software Development, architects and team member to design and implement new application-level solutions, as well as maintain existing solutions, critical to LifeLabs' operations
- Implement software that is highly scalable and highly available, as well as developing secure code and adhere to security best-practices
- Work according to documented SDLC, providing feedback and input into SDLC as needed, and supporting automation of SDLC tasks as required
- Collaborate with external resources (i.e. customers), Project Managers, Business Analysts and other project team members to implement application-level solutions as per requirements, clarifying details as needed and determining appropriate solution design
- Create and update appropriate software design and architecture documents, ensure implementation details and source code are sufficiently documented, and manage and maintain TFS user stories, tasks, etc. as needed
- Perform unit testing of developed components, implement automated unit tests, regression test integrated components. Execute performance tests, and optimize solutions as required.
- Plan for and execute solution deployments and support production environments for mission critical applications. Provides customer focused support and troubleshoot and resolve problems and issues, in line with documented service levels
- Work with team to find solutions to critical production issues
- Research new technologies, libraries, design patterns, emerging trends in software design and development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of previous programming experience (identified below in technical requirements) with proven experience developing highly scalable and highly available application-level solutions
- HTML5, SOAP services, REST services and other modern web technologies (AngularJS, Bootstrap, HTML5)
- C#.NET (WCF, Web.API, MVC, EntityFramework)
- Experience in healthcare environments is a plus
- Proven ability to understand and maintain complex projects and solutions
- Solid understanding of the full software development life-cycle, including writing secure code
- Healthcare related experience (HL7, SNOMED, Health Information Exchange)
- Experience with TFS and build automation
- Experience supporting legacy applications using technologies such as Intersystem Cache and HSF
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and to manage multiple concurrent development projects in parallel
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to support and mentor other / Junior team members
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- CAD Month
- Image Gallery