At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
This role can be staffed from either Calgary or Vancouver regions.
Solutions Architect – Network
Rogers For Business (R4B) is seeking a Solutions Architect – Network responsible for medium, large, and public sector clients. The successful candidate will have extensive wireless network infrastructure design experience and customer relationship skills for enterprise business accounts.
The candidate will report to the Senior Manager, Customer Solutions and will be an integral part of a sales team responsible for gathering customer business and technical requirements, designing comprehensive wireless IOT networking solutions, delivering sales presentations, presenting technical information about products and services, conducting product demonstrations, product evaluations, and collaborating on RFP and RFI responses.
The candidate must have a strong understanding and experience of Wireless APN’s, Cellular Modems, RF propagation, eSIM/SIM, LTE-M/NB-IoT, VoLTE, Private LTE to satisfy business requirements in multiple verticals.
• Provide pre-sales technical advisory services to all Rogers R4B sales channels with an emphasis on medium, large enterprise, and public sector
• Interface with key decision makers (ranging from IT staff up to and including CIOs) of current and potential customers
• Design differentiated technical solutions that fit customer requirements
• Advance solution specifications internally for product fulfillment
• Gain and maintain a deep understanding of product sets and provide feedback into their evolution
• Assume the lead for technical responses on RFP, RFQ, and RFI documents
• Complete high-level construction cost evaluations and escalate to Market Opportunity Review team as required
• Aid sales team in understanding technical solutions
• Interface with other groups including Network Planning, IOT product design, Service Delivery, and Service Assurance
• University degree or technical diploma in Engineering, IT, Computer Science, or related field preferred
• 2-5 years of work experience in a telecommunication service provider or IT services organization
• Strategic thinker who can see the big picture
• Advanced knowledge of the design and implementation of IOT/M2M networks
• Advanced knowledge of WWAN/Custom APN environments
• Advanced knowledge of Cellular Modems and Antenna infrastructure and technology
• Strong knowledge of SIM provisioning and management technologies preferred
• Strong knowledge of WCDMA,LTE,5G and other wireless data technologies
• Working knowledge of IOT solutions that include Sensor suites and GPS.
• Proven record in solution and product positioning
• Excellent business/technical writing and communication/presentation skills
• Excellent skills in translating technical designs into high level network diagrams
• Preferred active industry related credentials (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, P. Eng., etc.)
• Ability to sell, persuade and negotiate
• Ability to respond to complex RFP documents
• Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Visio, Access)
• Use of a personal vehicle for business purposes is required
Additional Qualifications Considered:
• Sales experience in data centre industry
• Comprehensive understanding of Server and Storage Architecture, Common Application Design, Network Access technologies, Routing and Switching technology, Network Security, Virtualization Technologies, IT Budgeting and Planning, IT service management frameworks
• Knowledge of Application Layer Protocols (DNS, SMTP, HTTP, POP3, IMAP4, HTTPS, NNTP, NNRP, SSH, etc.
• Knowledge of Name Severs, Authentication Servers, Mail Servers, Accounting servers and Corporate Web Servers
• Hardware skills – specifying, installations, troubleshooting, conflicts, etc.
• Working knowledge VMware, Windows and Linux operating systems
• Working knowledge of storage and server architecture.
• Any Cisco, VMware, Microsoft, ITIL, other IT Certification would be an asset
• In depth knowledge of Security concepts (CISSP beneficial or ISP Certification)
• Experience in performing security breach analysis with recommended outcome in order to proactive
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
- Address 4710 Kingsway, Burnaby, BC, V5H 4W4