Improve lives. Love your job. Grow your career.
At LifeLabs, we are focused on our vision of building a healthier Canada! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 350 collection centers, 21 laboratories and service over 19 million patients each year.
Caring, Agile, Customer Driven, One Team – We live our values every day in what we do to help our patients and healthcare providers. With over 5,000 employees, we all make a difference and that is why our people are so important to us.
Reporting to the National Talent Acquisition Manager, the Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist will be responsible for full cycle recruitment efforts for unionized and non-unionized roles as well as provide ad-hoc project support.
This will include sourcing, qualifying, interviewing, negotiating job offers and hiring applicants to fill open vacancies for front line (Lab Operations) and corporate recruitment (management, professionals) roles using current tools and technology enablers.
This role will advise and support internal client groups working remotely, nurturing relationships, and actively collaborating with candidates hiring leaders and other internal stakeholders.
This is a full time role based in our Burnaby, BC location.
Full cycle recruitment support
- Conduct intake meetings with internal clients to scope the hiring need, provide consultation and establish the recruitment plan and partnership standards
- Utilize established screening criteria and standardized tools to support with assessments
- Develop and execute sourcing/pipeline plans
- Pre-screen & select shortlists of candidates to present to hiring leaders
- Conduct and coordinate interviews
- Support the offer & clearance processes to ensure new hire is set up
- Collaborate with the entire Talent Acquisition team as required to produce top results, including with overflow/high volume recruitment tasks
Support the execution of a customized hiring and selection strategy for designated client groups including to:
- Build a go-to market recruitment strategy through events engagement, advertising and social media activations including sponsoring campaign
- Plan and facilitate external events and career fairs when required
- Contribute to communication plans and social media activations
- Lead virtual lab tours for student cohorts from core schools
- Conduct presentations and information sessions at partner organizations
Reporting & Analytics – Tracking & analytics, reporting
- Provide key TA metrics to support reports
- Contribute to TA ad hoc reporting & presentation requests
- Act as SME for recruitment related projects
- 5 – 7 years working in a high volume unionized and professional recruitment capacity as well as a corporate environment; experienced with best recruitment practices including knowledge of diversity, equity and inclusion and how to reflect in recruitment practices.
- Completed Post-secondary education
- HR designation in progress or completed preferred
- Ability to effectively manage front line (Lab Operations) and corporate recruitment (management, professionals) consisting of 30+ vacancies/requisitions at one time along with experience recruiting for remote locations
- Previous experience utilizing applicant tracking system (ATS), SuccessFactors an asset
- Demonstrated experience with Campus recruitment, event management, school presentation an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge of HR practices, principles, employment legislation required to support recruitment
- Strong understanding of “leading market” sourcing and recruitment techniques and methods; effective at identifying and sourcing passive candidates; strong direct sourcing including familiarity with Boolean search strings
- Demonstrated professionalism: is tactful and diplomatic, demonstrates discretion
- Proficient at prioritizing work and able to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment and work under pressure
- Strong relationship building abilities supported by communication skills (written and oral) and interpersonal skills – influencing, collaborative and customer centric to deal with all levels of the organization
- Ability to pay close attention to details and maintain accurate records
- Experience in using relevant technology and social media in recruitment
- MS Office –Proficient computer skills to produce effective reports, documents and presentations
- Strong organizational, time management & prioritization skills
- Ability to collaborate with various business functions considering the business priorities translated into role needs
- Strong analytical, judgement & problem solving skills
- CAD Month
- Image Gallery