Improve lives. Love your job. Grow your career.
The Strategic Partnerships and Issues Manager (BC), will be intricately involved in LifeLabs’ strategy to engage health system partners and government in BC.
They will support senior leaders by researching and preparing materials for conversations with government and health system partners.
They will help manage issues that arise from time to time and develop materials to brief government partners.
They will develop mutually beneficial working relationships with government and other key healthcare sector partners including representing LifeLabs in various capacities that enable the company to advocate its interests effectively and thoughtfully.
- Works closely with various parts of the company to identify, understand and manage Government related issues and regulatory matters in alignment with strategic priorities
- Identifies audience(s) including key decision makers/influencers, and produces targeted supporting materials such as correspondence, briefing notes, submissions and presentations
- Supports the management of critical incidents impacting government relations as they arise
- Monitors and conducts research on relevant public policy, legislative, regulatory and political issues
- Plans and/or coordinates meetings/briefings with key stakeholders, including logistical details for meetings, pre- and post-meeting strategy sessions, debriefs with participating executives and drafts summaries for internal use.
- Drafts, and coordinates the approval of, correspondence, presentations and formal policy submissions to elected and non-elected government officials
- Develops and strengthens relationships with key decision makers and influencers in and outside of government
- Promotes corporate positions with senior government officials and other external audiences in person and in writing
- Takes on special projects, such as research projects and correspondence, as requested
- You have a Bachelor’s or University degree and possess critical thinking skills
- You have a minimum of 7 years combined experience working with/interacting with government, working in management consulting or the healthcare system
- You are a wizard designing PowerPoint slides with an eye for details
- You know how to perform a Vlookup in MS Excel and format documents and perform mail merges in MS Word
- You have excellent writing skills. In other words, you know the difference between writing in active and passive voice, and first person and third person.
- You are comfortable presenting information in a meeting
- You have experience summarizing and presenting complex issues and opportunities to for senior leaders, high-level officials and third party partners
- You can work independently and can work with others cooperatively
- You know how to prioritize your work to meet multiple deadlines
- Healthcare/pharmaceutical industry experience is an asset
- Understanding of Canada's political system(s), including the legislative, executive and judicial branches
At LifeLabs, we are focused on our vision of building a healthier Canada! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 350 collection centres, 16 laboratories and service over 20 million patients each year.
Caring, Agile, Customer Driven, One Team – We live our values every day in what we do to help our patients and healthcare providers. With over 5,700 employees, we all make a difference and that’s why our people are so important to us.
This is an exciting time to join our LifeLabs team, grow your career with us and support numerous business initiatives, innovations, best practice and business development opportunities.
- CAD Month
- Image Gallery