Improve lives. Love your job. Grow your career.
At LifeLabs, we are focused on our vision of building a healthier Canada! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 350 collection centers and 16 laboratories and we service over 20 million patients and consumers each year.
Caring, Agile, Customer Driven, One Team – We strive to live our values every day to best support our patients, customers and healthcare providers. Our lived values are the cornerstones of our culture. With over 6,000 people working here, we all make a difference every day – that’s why our people are so important to us.
This is an exciting time to join our LifeLabs team as we evolve our business and continue to deliver high quality services in a changing health care environment. Grow your career with us and support numerous business initiatives, innovations, best practice and business development opportunities.
Provide medical laboratory leadership, discipline-specific technical expertise and quality management consultation to Operations. Ensure processes and procedures remain current and compliant with scientific advancements, technical developments and regulatory requirements in Molecular Diagnostics department.
• Provide troubleshooting, technical and quality assurance/quality systems support for methodologies, equipment and supplies currently in use
• Ensure policies, processes, procedures and forms remain current with applicable regulations, legislation and best practice
• Prepare and support implementation of validation plans for new technologies, equipment, software, supplies and procedures
• Participate in QRA in-function projects and act as subject matter expert for cross-function projects
• Participate in the development of indicators, targeted audits, and the evaluation of non-conformances – including development of reports, action plans and other Quality Improvement (QI) activities.
• Review of Quality Assurance (QA) including evaluating data from discipline specific Quality Control (QC) and proficiency surveys and competency programs
• Mentors individuals to perform such tasks as designing and performing validations, writing procedures, competency testing, internal audits, troubleshooting, statistical analysis, etc.
• Ensures that LifeLabs complies with both internal and external quality standards as defined by Medical Scientific staff, Diagnostic Accreditation Assessment Program (DAP) and ISO 15189.
• Provide support to Medical/Scientific, Supply Chain Management, Business Development, Specialty Services, IT, Operations Support, Education and Training, Billing and other support departments as required
• Liaise with external stakeholders
• Observes and executes all safety and security policies and regulations
• Other duties as required
• College Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology or equivalent education and experience
• Current registration with Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Sciences (CSMLS)
• Minimum of three to five years previous discipline-specific laboratory experience
• Strong Technical and Quality Systems knowledge and understanding, to provide discipline specific, expert technical and scientific support to all customers, internal and external
• Proven ability to facilitate processes used to design, develop, validate, implement, monitor, control and continuously improve, a Quality Management System within a regulated environment.
• A clear understanding of regulatory enforcement procedures and the business impact of failing to meet external regulatory requirements.
• Strong facilitation skills necessary to lead discipline specific teams, and other quality improvement initiatives.
• The ability to use risk management analysis to assess the regulatory and business impact of prioritizing goals
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Technical writing skills to create, review and maintain documentation
• Strong organizational, change and project management skills to ensure that deliverables are achieved on schedule in a controlled manner
LifeLabs is committed to building an inclusive environment and will provide accommodations in accordance with the AODA – Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please indicate in your application any accommodations you will require throughout the recruitment process. Alternatively please contact our corporate offices main line to be directed to a member of the Talent Acquisition team at (416) 675-4530.
- Image Gallery