Applicant must have availability to work a 4 on 2 off rotation including weekends, holidays etc.
Hours are 7:30am to 3:30pm.
Reporting to the Support Services Manager or on-site Manager. This position is responsible for maintaining general cleanliness of the premises, assisting at mealtimes and maintaining a safe environment for the residents. Specific duties will depend on scheduled designation for each shift (ex: housekeeping, laundry, dietary aide).
– Promote and maintain an atmosphere of harmony and home-like environment.
– Commitment to providing the highest quality service.
– Maintenance of required certification. (ex: WHMIS, FoodSafe)
– Commitment to teamwork.
– Awareness of resident safety.
– Perform duties within Simpe Q safety guidelines (ex: MSIPP awareness)
– Awareness of right to refuse unsafe work.
– Expectation of knowledge and daily practice of the Simpe Q and Cheam Village principles and policies.
– Reporting of unsafe equipment or resident safety issues to General Manager.
– Assist and participate in events organized by Simpe Q.
– Weekly/daily housekeeping of residents’ rooms as per schedule:
– Cooking breakfast for 16 residents each morning
– Clean bathroom with recommended cleaning supplies.
– Sweep and mop bedroom and bathroom floors.
– Vacuum any carpeted areas.
– Change bed linens and bed making.
– Laundry removal
– Remove garbage.
– Dust furniture if surfaces are pre cleared by resident.
– Assist in maintaining tidy cupboards and drawers
– Cleaning of common areas and hallways.
– Assisting with meal service and dishwashing
– Assist in kitchen with meal preparation, delivery and clean up.
– Use of laundry machines.
– Management of soiled linens.
– Knowledge of infection control practices in all areas of the Home.
– Empty garbage at end of each shift.
– Terminal cleaning when residents vacate a room.
– Internal window washing as per schedule.
– Other related duties as assigned by Simpe Q Supervisor.
Adheres to regulations outlined in the following Acts and Legislations:
- The Criminal Records Review Act [RSBC 1996]
- The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act [RSBC 1996]
- B.C.’s Health Care (Consent) and Care Facility (Admission) Act
- Patients Property Act
- Community Care and Assisted Living Act
- Residential Care Regulation
- Adult Guardianship Act
- WorkSafe B.C. Regulations
- Satisfactory present and continuous medical screening in compliance with the Province’s immunization and tuberculosis control program
- Perform all duties in a manner in which client safety is the focus.
- Report any unsafe activities that may cause harm or injury to a client.
- Educate other co-workers/colleagues on the proper safety techniques when there is a possibility of endangering a client.
- Observe and correct any unsafe behavior demonstrated by client.
· Job requires a significant amount of sitting, standing, reaching, walking, lifting and walking (according to the National Occupational Classification (NOC) Definitions, this job is considered “Medium”).
· Lifting 50lbs maximum.
· Frequently lifting and/or carrying objects up to 20lbs.
· May involve sitting with pushing and pulling or arm and/or leg controls.
· Must be able to handle stressful situations in the workplace.
Health and Safety Risks:
– Muscle strain from lifting, transferring, turning clients
– Dealing with aggressive clients
– Repetitive strain injuries
– Working at a desk/computer
– WHMIS & Control products (e.g. Cleaning products, skin & wound products, shampoos, soaps, antiseptic and antibacterial solutions, Oxygen)
– Contact with blood & body fluids
– Exposure to illnesses common to communal living environments (Influenza, colds, GI illnesses, other bacteria & viruses)
– Plants and animals
– Needle stick injuries
If you are interested in this position please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Compensation Range from: $16.40 to $20.56 per hour CAD Range from: $16.40 to $20.56 per hour Month
- Address 1525 Mackay Crescent, Agassiz, British Columbia V0M 1A3, Canada