Organization: Place des Arts
Deadline: Sep. 27, 2020
Place des Arts
Sep. 27, 2020
Place des Arts is an established not-for-profit arts centre in Coquitlam. With a mission to inspire the artist in everyone, Place des Arts offers quality arts education programs in the visual and performing arts for all ages and abilities. The centre’s Artisan Shop and galleries support local emerging artists, and its annual program of events and performances make Place des Arts a cultural hub, drawing diverse members of the community together to experience the arts.
Reporting to the Registration Coordinator/Financial Assistant (RCFA), the Registration Clerk is responsible for providing first-rate customer service and performing all tasks associated with registering and serving customers according to Place des Arts policy. Flexibility to work daytime, evening and weekend shifts is required. Hours per week will decrease during the summer, as Place des Arts’ operating hours reduce in July and August.
• respond to in-person and telephone customer inquiries
• understand the ActiveNet registration software and enroll customers into Place des Arts programs
• communicate program information and policy to customers
• sell tickets for events and performances, and items from the Artisan Shop and galleries
• prepare cash, Interac and Visa/MasterCard deposits
• open and lock the building according to procedure
• maintain client account information (entering and updating contact information)
• assist with event hosting duties, as required
• assist with facility duties including liaising with cleaning and maintenance contractors
• booking rentals, arranging room set-ups
• understand emergency procedures and assist with emergency evacuation when required
• administer first-aid when required
• assist teachers with keys, relaying messages, rearranging students and booking studios
• prepare refreshments for in-house meetings and events as required
• other duties as assigned by the Registration Coordinator/Financial Assistant and/or Executive Director
• Excellent command of both written and spoken English
• Ability to provide exceptional customer service
• Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills
• Team player
• Current First Aid and CPR certification is an asset
• Experience using Active Network registration software is an asset
• Working knowledge of another language such as Korean, Mandarin, Cantonese or Farsi is an asset
How to Apply:
A cover letter, résumé and references are required and must be submitted by September 27, 2020, by email to: email@example.com, attention Joan McCauley, Executive Director. Place des Arts would like to thank all prospective applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Place des Arts welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. Successful applications will be scheduled for an initial phone interview. Short-listed candidates will be invited for a full interview via Zoom on one of the following days Oct 14, 15 or 16. The successful candidate will start as soon as possible.
This is a permanent, part-time position (up to 19 hours/week) with a starting wage of $17.55/hour plus 4% vacation pay.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: (604) 664-1636
- CAD Month
- Address 938 Howe Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery