Full-time Warehouse Personnel (Union, Shift Work)
Bartle and Gibson Co. Ltd. has been in business since 1944. We are an independent industry leading distributor in plumbing, heating and electrical supplies across Western Canada and the North West Territories. We are committed to providing our valued customers excellent service and our team members an exciting and positive workplace.
You are a self-motivated team player efficient at using your time and are often referred to as a dependable individual who enjoys physical labour. You have the experience to back up your past success and are no stranger to working in a fast-paced, union environment that requires attention to detail and great communication skills. Your organizational skills shine through in how you manage your workflow and you are in search of a career opportunity with great potential!
Reporting directly to the Warehouse Manager, your job duties are, but not limited to:
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accurately receive material and/or pick and ship orders
- Ensure all paperwork completed properly and documents maintained for shipping purposes
- Organize product efficiently and maintain inventories
- Pull products from yard and warehouse as required
- Organize space in the warehouse and perform cleaning duties
- General warehouse duties and maintenance as needed
- Notify supervisors of problems that are not resolvable
- Restock materials as and when required
- Other duties as required
You will prove yourself to be an asset to the Bartle & Gibson team by possessing the following skills necessary to succeed:
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Highly organized, with attention to detail
- Good multi-tasker with the ability to work to and meet deadlines
- Reliable, ability to carry out tasks correctly while under pressure
- Ability to follow instructions meticulously
- Fluent in English – both spoken and written
- Demonstrated ability to work unsupervised
- Team player, adaptable, energetic with a positive professional attitude
- Ability to process orders in an organized and esthetic manner.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs
Experience, Education & Certificates:
- Minimum grade 12 education required
- Previous warehouse experience an asset
- Experience in a fast paced environment an asset
- Previous plumbing and/or electrical industry experience required
- Previous experience in wholesale or building supply stores preferred
- Forklift Experience required
If you want to join a company with a great culture that truly values and rewards you for a job well done, then we encourage you to submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our compensation and benefits, including profit sharing and career growth potential are competitive and will be based on experience and abilities.
*No phone calls or drop ins. Apply by application submission only, stating applicable experience and salary expectations in your cover letter. All submissions are kept in the highest level of confidentiality. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in employment with Bartle & Gibson, however, only those who possess the desired qualifications, experience and local to the Lower Mainland area will be contacted for further review.
Final candidates will be required to undergo an assessment and security screening, including a criminal record check. Employment is subject to screening completion that is satisfactory to Bartle & Gibson.
- CAD Month
- Address 1458 Mustang Pl, Port Coquitlam, British Columbia V3C 6L2, Canada