The City of Courtenay invites applications for the relief position of “Assistant Manager of Arts & Leisure Recreation” in the Recreation Programming Division of the Recreation & Cultural Services Department.
As an integral member of the Recreation Team and reporting to the Manager of Recreation Programming, the successful candidate will participate in the planning, development and implementation of arts and leisure recreation programming services. You will also develop and implement marketing and promotional strategies, including the Recreation Guide; manage staff, program instructors and volunteers and negotiate and administer recreation service agreements.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Degree or Diploma in Recreation or related discipline from a recognized educational institution.
- Valid BC Class 5 Drivers License.
- Current First Aid Emergency Level – Industry and CPR Level A & C, or willingness to obtain upon hiring.
- Considerable (5 – 7 years) experience in the development, implementation and administration of community recreation programs.
- Considerable experience in supervising employees.
- Thorough knowledge of recreation and community service needs and management techniques relating to recreation and wellness.
- Thorough knowledge of philosophies, principles, and practices of community recreation program development, implementation and delivery.
- Thorough knowledge in recreation marketing strategies and techniques.
- Considerable knowledge and background in budget preparation and control.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation, facilitation, public relations, negotiations, problem solving, decision making, organizational, time management, leadership and general management skills.
- Good office computer skills.
- Ability to plan, assign and direct the work of personnel and lead, coach and motivate staff and volunteers in a team environment.
- Ability to deal effectively with representatives of government agencies, community and user groups, general public, and City staff.
- Some knowledge of facility operations.
- Thorough knowledge of Active Network recreation software and program input.
This is is a relief full-time position available immediately for approximately 12 months or until the return of the incumbent. Hours of work are generally 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a criminal record check.
To submit your application, click on the “Apply” button below.
We sincerely thank all applicants; however, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted.
Date Posted: October 6, 2020
- CAD Month
- Address 830 Cliffe Avenue, Courtenay, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery