|Job Title:||Administrative Assistant 1 – Physician Quality|
|Work Site:||Corporate Administration – West 6th Avenue|
|Status:||Regular Part Time – Baseline (0.8 FTE)|
Reporting to the Director – Physician Quality, the Administrative Assistant provides confidential administrative assistance and secretarial support to the Executive Advisor and throughout the Aboriginal Health Department of Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH).
Interacting primarily with directors/managers and associated administrative support staff throughout the Community of Care and across VCH, the successful candidate will triage information of a sensitive and confidential nature, coordinate the flow of information, ensure accurate and timely delivery of administrative services and keep the Director apprised of issues and activities.
The end result: to provide exceptional administrative support and professionally represent the Executive Advisor’s interests, share information, clarify details and answer questions and do it in a manner that promotes positive and respectful relationships.
Qualifications and Expertise:
- Graduation from a recognized administrative assistant/secretarial post-secondary program plus three (3) years of senior administrative support experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Must have advanced word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, desktop publishing, and database software skills and the ability to type a minimum of 60 w.p.m.
- Strong judgment, tact and discretion in preparing, disclosing and handling information of a confidential and/or sensitive nature.
- Strong ability to liaises in a professional and courteous manner in all internal and external interactions.
- Ability to communicate in a compelling, clear and understandable manner (both verbally and in writing) in order to represent the Director’s interests.
- Excellent time management skills to prioritize and complete assignments in a manner that optimizes departmental effectiveness and contributes to organizational success.
- Care and thoroughness when maintaining, monitoring, calculating and summarizing data, records and budget information.
- Collaborative approach with peers to ensure administrative systems and processes are consistently followed and monitored for effectiveness and that gaps are addressed and resolved when identified.
- Expertise in the use of desktop computer applications to create a variety of documents and presentations.