The Colour Assistant at lululemon supports in executing the seasonal colour strategy across our women’s world class athletic apparel.
Supporting the seasonal vision, you will work with the colour designer to apply colour, print and texture to our core and seasonal styles. You are responsible for creating and maintaining the seasonal colour files, using our PLM system to look up colour and style information.
You will support the colour designer in all style/colour related questions and will work cross functionally with design, merchandising, product, print and colour development teams, to problem solve and gather information.
- You have clear communication skills with razor sharp attention to detail. You are passionate, positive and self-motivated, with a keen eye for colour and trends. You love to work in a team environment, sweat and have fun!
- Support with the creation of the colour pages
- Responsible for colour updates
- Problem solve for colour changes and adds
- Preps for meetings
- Organizing colour information
- Be proficient in our systems to review, add, update colour information in PLM
- Cut colour swatches
- Make colour boards
- Awareness of how the line is currently performing in stores
- Ability to travel as needed
- Any other duties as required
- Academic/Educational Requirements:
- BA, BFA or BS in Design required (or equivalent)
- MA if applicable
- May have to do some light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time (approx 20lbs.)
- Will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers
- Incumbent may find environment to be busy and noisy
Our “must haves”:
- Minimum 1 years’ industry experience
- Knowledge of garment construction, textiles, sewing techniques and technology applications
- Knowledgeable and comfortable working in Adobe Illustrator
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Excel, Word, Mac platform
- Passionate and knowledgeable about yoga, run, and athletics
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Positive attitude
- Can work in a fast-paced environment
- Approachable and available
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. lululemon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that lululemon equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective.