REFERENCE #: 023596
LOCATION: Vancouver , British Columbia , Canada
JOB FAMILY GROUP: Asset Protection
Who we are
lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations across North America, Australia and New Zealand, Europe, and Asia. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
About the Asset Protection Team
The lululemon culture is created by extraordinary people who are inherently genuine, inherently compassionate, and inherently inspirational. For this reason, our approach to Asset Protection seeks to leverage the inherent goodness of our people. Rather than simply enforcing a set of controls that, by definition, assume people are inclined to be disingenuous and dishonest, we strive to empower our people to act in harmony with each other and our guests. This is not to suggest that certain controls are not necessary, this is only to say that they are secondary to the role that our people and culture play in Asset Protection.
A day in the life:
The Business Continuity Manager will be a subject matter expert and sponsor of all matters related to business continuity, disaster recovery and crisis management within the company. They will be responsible for proactively engaging in the identification and analysis of critical business functions and will plan and conduct continuous, and regular, validation and testing of documented Business Continuity plans.
- They will evaluate the effectiveness of documented strategies against documented recovery time objective (RTO) and recovery point objective (RPO) targets and other key measures
- The employee will be responsible for implementing and updating a Business Continuity Management Report, which provides updates on the company’s Business Continuity initiatives and results. The report will identify key performance measures and internal/external benchmarking data to evaluate the effectiveness of the company’s Business Continuity strategies and plans.
- Collaborating with cross functional partners, you will oversee lululemon’s Global Business Continuity governance, strategy and planning including development, implementation and annual risk analysis and vulnerability studies
- You will lead regular testing of lululemon’s Business Continuity, Crisis Management and Disaster Recovery plans including proper documentation and reporting.
- You will innovate as you facilitate regular collaboration between key business partners to ensure consistency with the BCM policies and requirements for both current and developing business functions and markets including executives, internal audit, IT, PMs and vendors.
- You will identify and categorize the varied lululemon business process and execute annual updates to the Business Impact Analysis.
- You will assume a leadership role in developing, coordinating, and maintaining comprehensive data center recovery plans and testing programs, to ensure the ability to recover in the event of an unforeseen disruption to facilities, technology systems, or applications
- You will lead the validation of technology RTO and RPO capabilities during testing to ensure business process capabilities can successfully be achieved; provide leadership and oversight to ensure after action, lessons learned, gap acceptance/remediation, plan, and process improvements are completed from test results
- You have 7+ years of previous Business Continuity Management, Disaster Recovery and/or Crisis Management experience (retail preferred)
- You are a subject matter expert and have extensive knowledge of global regulatory issues relating to BCM and DR. Preferred certifications include: MBCP, CBCP, PMP or equivalent
- You possess a thorough understanding of business continuity best practices in line with ISO22301
- You are willing to explore new approaches and thought processes to a BCM / DR approach and push what is possible as you utilize your previous experience in building and implementing standard risk assessments, business impact analysis and other business continuity tools and capabilities
- You are analytical, strategic & have tactical abilities that can support the organization through a variety of situations and at a variety of levels
- Friends would say you are the best at creating exceptional relationships and partnerships. You demonstrate those skills frequently as you build close working relationship with business partners at the office and in the field.
- Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness, and creates the space for others to do the same.
- Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously.