STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
Job Description Summary
This position will work as part of the Procurement team. Overall duties will include supporting the team, reviewing purchase orders and working with external vendors. Other tasks will be performed as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Configure ERP system to set up re-ordering triggers such as Buffers, Re-order points etc. for the assigned parts
- Regularly update the ERP and other related systems for prices, lead times and other parameters. Perform regular data cleansing
- Process Purchase Orders in ERP system and vendors web portals
- Establish good effective relationship with the vendors
- Obtain price quotes and validate pricing with suppliers. Contribute to team cost savings goals and document cost savings when appropriate
- Complete entry of all data fields to create POs, correct/edit existing POs as needed, update and maintain Vendor information
- Manage all aspects of the purchase from requisition to delivery. Follow-up with suppliers on any/all issues in a timely manner. Ensure on-time delivery by expediting orders, shipment tracking, resolving custom clearance issues, etc.
- Assist internal customers on general inquiries, deliverables pertaining to placed orders, invoice reconciliation, and, general procurement related issues. Act as a partner and maintain open communication.
- Communicate with supplier base to ensure that Stemcell’s purchasing and quality requirements are clearly understood
- Acquire and maintain a general technical understanding of products and services purchased
- May assist in performance of cost analysis and volume planning for blanket or standing orders
- Provide support to other members of the Procurement group and Supply Chain Operations division in completing various procurement and cross-functional projects and deliverables
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Science, preferably in a discipline of Life Sciences
- 3- 6 years’ experience in Supply Chain/Procurement, preferably in Biotech or Life Sciences Industry
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills (within procurement and in cross-functional teams)
- Customer Service focus to serve our internal customers and exceed their expectations
- Excellent organizational and computer skills – experience with an ERP system such as VISUAL is a plus
- Ability to meet deadlines in fast paced environment
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
- Compensation We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.