Are you looking for an opportunity to demonstrate your clinical expertise, your innovation, and your leadership skills? We have the ideal opportunity for you as the Clinical Pharmacist Specialistfor the BC Psychosis Program based at UBC Hospital located in Vancouver British Columbia. Although based at UBC, you will be working with other health care professionals from health authorities across British Columbia to improve the care and treatment of individuals with psychosis.
Get to know the BC Psychosis Program –
The BC Psychosis program is a provincial resource funded by BC Mental Health and Substance Use Services, part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) and operated by Vancouver Coastal Health. The program is located at the UBC Hospital, and provides unique, highly specialized inpatient services to patients who require treatment for psychosis. Patients are referred to this program when other treatment approaches have been ineffective or partially effective. Research is an integral part of the program, and patients may be offered the opportunity to participate in a clinical trial or other research project. Most clients stay in the program for an average of 4 to 6 months.
In this role, you will work to provide the following services to our patients & colleagues:
- Consultation with internal and external health care providers to provide advanced mental health pharmaceutical care to patients on the waiting list for, admitted to, or discharged from the BC Psychosis Program
- Direction on complex mental health cases locally and provincially using evidence based evaluations to evaluate drug therapies and patient medical histories
- Participation in patient education, discharge planning and post-discharge consultation
- Assistance in the development of drug therapy guidelines for the treatment of psychosis and related conditions, such as antipsychotic monitoring and other new and emerging best practices in mental health
- Provision of pharmacological education or in-service sessions locally and provincially via various modalities
- Identification and initiation of clinical drug research, including participation in research with the BC Psychosis Program team at UBCH
- Teaching at the university level of pharmacy and allied health students
- Preparing items such as case studies and research articles for submission to professional journals
- Representation of the program on multidisciplinary and multi-health authority care committees, and at external events
Are you passionate about joining us? We will be looking for you to have:
- Current registration as a Pharmacist with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia
- Completion of an accredited Hospital Pharmacy Residency Program
- post-graduate Doctor of Pharmacy Degree
- two (2) years’ recent, related hospital pharmacy experience, including one (1) year’s pharmacy experience in pharmacy/mental health
Our pharmacy team always aspires to improve and achieve the best possible care for our patients and improve their quality of life.
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, here’s why we believe you should apply:
- A career that offers you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields.
- Competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
We aim to build an environment where you love the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. From the financial advisor handling our health care resources, to the IT professional enabling life-saving data, to the nurse and physician on the front line of patient care, everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we build outstanding workplaces.
Apply now to join our excellent team.
One team, best pharmacy care, better lives