For more than 40 years, CDI College has been one of the leading career training institutions in Canada, thanks to its commitment to quality education and the success of its students. Our rich history includes an alumni of thousands of successful graduates who embark on careers rich in opportunity. We are happy to say that we are looking for an Employment Specialist to join our team!
The purpose of the Employment Specialist is to ensure that graduates find gainful employment in their chosen career field or a related field, acting on our commitment to our students and achieving successful graduate employment rates. Under supervision of the Campus Director and Regional Career Services Director, the Employment Specialist is responsible for providing programs and support for student and alumni in regards to career and employment opportunities and advice, achieving successful graduate employment rates that meet or exceed company standards.
Specifically, the Employment Specialist is responsible for:
- Developing external relationships to build job leads, ensure graduates have sufficient job opportunities, and keep them informed of openings within their industry
- Contributing to and monitoring the quality of the student job search experience
- Achieving the College’s targeted employment rates
- Supporting the administrative functions of the campus to enhance the student experience
- Acting in a manner that upholds the College standards
To be successful in the Employment Specialist position, individuals must be committed to developing, maintaining and demonstrating the following.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of post-secondary education. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a related field, such as recruitment or employment counselling.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and cultures.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task.
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to develop networks and maintain contacts within the business community.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Good judgment and ability to prioritize assignments.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a calm focus during hectic periods.
- Ability to reach both quarterly and yearly goals consistently.
- Understanding of the strategic plan, programs and services provided by the College.
- Ability to exhibit a professional attitude and image with a commitment to quality service.
- Job Location 4351 No 3 Rd. Suite #180 Richmond, BC