In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority (Island Health) patient and staff safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Reports to the Nurse Manager or designate in specialty area such as the Heart Catheter Lab, Royal 2, Burn Unit, and Critical Care Areas. Sorts, assembles, and stocks appropriate supplies, procedure instruments, and related equipment. Cleans and sanitizes equipment. Maintains work area and assists with transportation of patients, beds, and stretchers as required.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Grade 10 plus one year recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to carry out duties of the position.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Compensation $21.98 - $21.98 per hour
- Job Location Victoria, BC V8Z 6R5, Canada