Develop your career with industry specialists in engines and power generation products!
What we do:
Frontier Power Products is a proud company with great staff and great customers. Our company focus is to provide the best power generation solutions, marine engines, and industrial engines for Western Canada’s demanding weather conditions. Few places on earth have such a variety of challenges where engines are called upon to perform in extreme cold or in high temperatures, from sea level to the tops of the Rocky Mountains, and in some of the most remote locations on earth. To meet these challenges, Frontier Power designs products that anticipate the site conditions with customized engines and generator sets that work well for our customers.
If you are interested in joining a growing business in Delta, BC, we have exciting opportunities for Generator/Engine Technicians to support our service team.
The successful candidate will report to the Service Manager and will work with the other mechanics, electricians, welders, assemblers in shop and in the field. You will coordinate with other departments to confidently perform major repairs and routine service repairs on generators and engines. You have a positive attitude and can follow all safety procedures and policies under minimal supervision to complete the task.
What you will do:
- Focus on a high level of customer service and communication.
- Perform preventive maintenance and repairs on generator sets, industrial engines, marine engines, and controls.
- Load test complete generator systems, including wiring and load banks, taking measurements while load testing, and diagnosing any faulty readings.
- Diagnose and perform repairs on engines and generators using your superior skillset (in-house & on-site).
- Perform troubleshooting for all equipment and provide recommendations on repairs and upgrades.
- Perform warranty repairs as directed.
- Interface with customers, products, and sales support.
- Provide technical training to customers to ensure proper operation of their equipment.
- Complete and submit service reports, time cards and other required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Embrace the newest technology available to diagnose and service equipment.
- Field service work will combine travel both locally & out of town
- Maintain work area and tools for cleanliness and proper operation.
- Willing to develop your skill set and product knowledge through classroom, hands-on and virtual learning.
What you will bring (Skills & Experience):
- Great attitude!
- Extensive experience in power systems, generators, and controls.
- Mechanical experience with a strong electrical aptitude or electrical experience with a strong mechanical aptitude.
- Experience with generators, transfer switches, and electrical distribution as asset.
- Knowledge of AC generators and experience load testing generator sets an asset.
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with engines, generators and/or control systems.
- Customer centric with excellent relationship management, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willingness to work on a flexible schedule, hours and travel when required to support our customer needs.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Comfortable with computerized systems.
- Red Seal Journeyman Certification (HD Mechanic or Industrial Electrician)
- Valid driver’s license
What we have for you:
- To be part of a team that is well respected in the industry for providing quality products and above average after sales support.
- A highly competitive salary.
- Excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, contribution matching pension plan and more!
- Long term career growth in a friendly and collaborative work environment.
- Ongoing training and continuing education.
- Room for advancement.
- Fast paced and fun environment.
If this is what you have been looking for, act quickly and send your resume to email@example.com including “Generator Technician – Delta” in the subject line.
We appreciate the interest shown by all applicants. However, we will only contact those who are considered as candidates for the position.
Please visit http://frontierpower.com/about-us/careers/ for all our current job openings.
- Compensation Competitive wages and benefits package including health, dental, vision, employer matching pension plan and more!