Every day, our passionate employees connect our customers to the world and everything in it – it’s why we exist at Shaw, and it’s why we strive to be the place where the best people choose to work. Our people reflect the richness of our communities, and our culture is inclusive of each individual’s diverse background and perspective, which makes us a stronger team.
At Shaw we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Career Opportunity: HR Advisor
We have an exciting opportunity for a savvy, confident HR professional who is looking to be part of creating and implementing best in class HR practices. As a Human Resources Advisor you will have the opportunity to work closely with our Business Leaders to provide advice in the areas of performance management, compensation, and employee relations. Please note that this role will report into the Manager, Employee & Labour Relations Advisory Services and will be based in Vancouver.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
• Build relationships with and provide guidance/support to supervisors and managers on performance management, discipline, terminations and human rights matters
• Partner with leaders on compensation issues including merit and talent rating calibration activities, implementation of compensation structure changes, promotions, demotions and changes in roles/titles
• Support employee listening strategies, including the communication of results, accessing of survey information and make recommendations based on identified themes /trends
• Liaise with Disability Management team on STD, LTD and return to work cases
• Ensure adherence to legal and regulatory requirements and act as the local HR contact for Health and Safety
• Lead the communication plans locally for HR initiatives and programs
• Provide coaching, feedback, support, and recommendations to Managers and First Leaders around roles, organizational design, and performance management
• Make recommendations to the hiring Manager in regards to the recruitment and compensation decisions of individual contributors
• Lead internal investigations on fraud, theft, harassment & discrimination
• Identify people strategies to mitigate risk and support change initiatives
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Degree/diploma in Human Resources complemented by 3 to 5+ years related work experience in a Human Resources Generalist or Advisor role and a background in employee relations
• Ability to build relationships, influence change, and develop communication strategies for those changes to elevate levels of performance and drive efficiencies
• Ability to handle multiple assignments and changing priorities effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision
• Ability to work independently and within a team in a fast paced rapidly changing environment
• Team player with excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Strong initiative and action orientation with a sense of urgency to get things completed
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
• A positive, “can-do” attitude with customer focused approach which will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
If you want to be part of something bigger—part of a dynamic team of people who are aligned, focused, and passionate about working together to care for our customers, then we look forward to meeting you! Join us.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.
- Job Location 1155 E 6th Ave, Vancouver, BC V5T 1E6, Canada