Our client is a national franchise, currently seeking an In-House Paralegal – Legal Services Coordinator to join their legal department on the North Shore! The In-House Paralegal will provide legal support work of medium to high complexity. This position reports to the Legal Counsel and the Director of Legal Services. Bilingual capabilities in both English and French is considered a major asset for this role.
Duties for this position includes…
- – Oversee the Quebec franchises including noting key dates, proposed transactions, planning, organizing and coordinating the legal support work and processes
- – Obtain, analyze and manage extensive factual and legal documentation
- – Prepare, draft and review legal agreements, documentation and other related correspondence for franchising, multi-site development, and other commercial transactions including those required in French.
- – Update and track revisions to French and English precedent documents
- – Provide technical advice and guidance on franchising processes and requirements
- – Conduct basic legal and general research on various issues, as well as analyze and summarize findings, to initiate appropriate follow up action
- – Coordinate and review of franchise agreement terms, expiry of lease terms, renewals and extensions and initiate follow up action including drafting and/or preparing documents
- – Develop, draft and update franchise policies and procedures and co-ordinate input and sign-off
- – Maintain effective working relationships consistent with Climate Goals in order to understand, influence and support others to achieve common goals.
- – Basic knowledge of legal proceedings and general research techniques
- – Experience working in a legal department as a paralegal including drafting and preparing legal documentation is a must
- – A Paralegal Certificate from an accredited institution
- – Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- – Excellent organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel)
- – Bilingual capabilities in both English and French is considered a major asset for this role
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply directly to this posting or email us your Resume/CV to info@arlynrecruiting com referencing job #1862!