We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Infection Prevention and Control Specialistwith a focus on acute care and regional programs. This position will be responsible for providing IPC expertise, consultation and support in order to lead systems improvement and culture change initiatives related to infection prevention and control in the Fraser Health. This role will include identifying learning needs and educational resources and requirements for clinical staff and develop and maintain infection prevention and control materials. We are looking for a dedicated individual with strong leadership and communication skills who is capable of leading teams and developing and implementing communication strategies and engagement opportunities by collaborating with a range of stakeholders across Fraser Health.
Build on your education and career experience as you:
- Lead projects and culture change initiatives to improve infection prevention and control practices and promote high quality of care and patient safety
- Collaborate with health care leaders and physicians to provide leadership and IPC expertise and champion for hand hygiene standard methodologies
- Work closely with colleagues to develop applicable materials including procedures, policies, guidelines, and educational resources
- Identify learning needs and provide infection prevention and control education and training to clinical staff
- Plan and handle Infection Prevention and Control projects for the region
To join this team you will have:
- Master’s degree in a health sciences discipline.
- Completion of post graduate course work and /or certification applicable to Infection Prevention Control.
- Three (3) years’ recent related clinical experience in an acute or community setting, including two (2) years clinical competency in infection control assessment and standard methodology.
- Valid BC Driver’s License; access to a vehicle for business related purposes.
Work with experts who are dedicated and committed to provide quality healthcare to our clients/patients/residents. We invite you to find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health to their friends and family as an outstanding place to work!
This position is located at our Central City offices in Surrey, BC.
- Compensation $34.26 - $42.74 per hour