Requisition ID: 189480
Work Area: Software-Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Graduate
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Do you want to help us build and launch our next generation cloud-based Analytics platform in a fast-paced startup culture that has the muscle and stability of SAP? Are you a passionate coder who wants an opportunity to learn new things while honing your skills using leading edge technologies for Cloud, Big Data, Mobile, SAP HANA (in Memory) and modern Visualization? If so, then this is the right job for you! Help us shape the future.
This role is part of the Predictive(Smart Assist) team where we leverage machine-learning algorithms to bring insights in the forms of visualization and natural language and to predict future outcome for Business Users without the need for any Data Science or Machine Learning expertise. Come join us if you think you can thrive in such an environment, and you have the necessary skills and experience.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
Because we work on the cutting edge, we need someone who is eager to learn, a creative problem solver, resourceful in getting things to work and productive working independently or collaboratively. In your average week, you will:
· Collaboratively design new features in a team environment that extends to colleagues in remote locations and from Product Management and User Experience teams.
· Work closely with our engineering and operations team to build, integrate, test and deploy your amazing innovations and algorithms into our production systems.
· Assess new technology projects and tools, or migrate our environment to new versions to keep up with the rapid pace of change.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or Engineering
· Ability to work well in a team as well as independently and have a positive self-motivated can-do attitude
· Working knowledge of data structures, algorithms and principles of OO design
· Understanding of databases and web application servers
· Understanding of micro-service architecture
Bonus if you have experience with:
· Demonstrated strong understanding of SAP technologies including SAP HANA, SAP BW, SAP Hana Cloud Platform, SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP Analytics products
· Working knowledge of Scrum, Test Driven Development, performance testing or data correctness/integrity testing
· Building software that has to scale to thousands of users concurrently
· Database integration with SQL and object relational mapping tools
· Web services (REST, OData, Swagger)
· Source control systems such as GIT, Subversion, Perforce, etc.
· At least 6 months – 2 years of work experience developing web applications.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.