You are malleable and thrive in a start-up environment that is continually tinkering, growing, and adapting to new scenarios. You have a creative streak and enjoy making things with your hands. You pride yourself on picking things up quickly and taking direction well.
Your demeanor is friendly and you’re an excellent communicator. You have an interest digital fabrication, laser engravers, and CNC machines and lose sleep over the prospect of making beautiful things with them. A minor OCD when it comes to organization and cleanliness describes you well.
We’re seeking a stellar new team member to assist with production and laser engraving within our spacious Vancouver warehouse. You’ll report to the Production Manager.
The main responsibility of this position is the production of laser-engraved items: speed, accuracy, and accountability are all major components of this position. You must be comfortable with vector programs such as Adobe Illustrator. Other responsibilities include assembly and shipping of products, inventory maintenance, some data entry, and light cleaning.
Essential Qualifications Needed:
• Candidate must have experience with Adobe Illustrator. Photoshop and InDesign experience a bonus.
• Minimum 1 year of Laser Engraving experience
• Minimum 1 year Graphic Design experience
• Shop experience an asset. Must be comfortable working with your hands and building bespoke products.
Your Day to Day Responsibilities Include:
• Creating materials cut list for the Production Manager
• Laser engraving and cutting products in the production schedule
• Prepping materials for production by masking, sanding, staining, or painting
• Adding colour fills and UV Prints to products (will train the right candidate)
• Keep track of production due dates and ensure orders are on schedule
• Assembling, packing, and shipping products
• Completing quality checks on all products completed
• Organize supplies and materials
• Comfortable lifting up to 50lbs
The position will begin as a part-time 20-30 hours a week with full-time potential after 3 months. Benefits included after probationary period. Interested? Drop us an email with your resume and cover letter and we’ll get in touch.
- Compensation $16.50/hour
- This job has expired!