Our client is a top-performing business law firm in the Downtown Vancouver core. Known for their excellent clientele service, they are currently seeking a fantastic Business Law Legal Administrative Assistant to assist one Partner and one Associate focusing primarily in corporate, business merges, acquisitions, mining and securities law. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3+ years of experience in a similar, high-performing role.
- – Prepare, draft and review various correspondence and legal documents including oral instructions and precedents in both corporate and securities law.
- – Administration of private placement, AGM, regulatory filings, etc., for corporations including drafting and filing Reports of Exempt Distribution.
- – SEDAR filings of news releases, material change reports, early warning reports and interim and annual financials for clients.
- – Entering dockets and preparing accounts.
- – Applying proofreading and editing skills to documents and correspondence.
- – Obtaining information and instructions from clients and forwarding to lawyers.
- – Assisting in management of lawyer’s practice, i.e., opening files, arranging meetings, scheduling hearing dates with government bodies and/or representatives, arranging travel and/or accommodations.
- – Managing bring forward system and keeping lawyers apprised of office matters.
- – Other duties as administered.
Education and Qualifications
- – Post secondary diploma or certificate in legal administration.
- – A minimum of 3 years previous legal administrative assistant experience in corporate and securities.
- – Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- – Familiar with TSX resources, SEDAR and SEDI is an asset.
- – Superior organizational skills and above-average attention to detail.
Sound like the position for you? Apply directly to this posting or email us your Resume/CV to info@arlynrecruiting(.)com referencing job #1871!
***NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. *