In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority, patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at VIHA; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Reports to the Director, Home & Community Care. The Manager, HCC, Program Improvement & Evaluation-Home Support, Adult Day Services and Respite, is responsible for all aspects of quality performance planning, organizing, evaluating and directing improvement projects undertaken by Home and Community Care including but not limited to Home Support, Adult Day Services and Respite. The Manager, Program Improvement & Evaluation leads the development of a performance improvement plan for Home and Community Care linking with all levels of staff within HCC and liaises with other VIHA and external stakeholders, other Health Authorities and the Ministry of Health.
The Manager takes a lead role in developing and conducting evaluation processes for current and new programs/ services within Home and Community Care. The Manager plays a key role in the development of Home and Community Care’s Strategic Plan, through leadership in project management, knowledge of system performance, evaluation expertise and general advanced knowledge in the area of Home and Community Care.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
A level of education, training & experience equivalent to a Master’s degree in a relevant healthcare or related discipline emphasizing both knowledge, practice and research and Seven (7) years’ recent relate evaluation and management experience, preferably in the Home and Community Care area.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent knowledge of issues affecting Home and Community Care clients in all areas of service delivery, clinical assessment and treatment, and service delivery structures.
- Knowledge of relevant information systems to support the development of applications across Home and Community Care.
- Knowledge of evaluation models and systems.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively including the ability to collaborate within a team environment and to make presentations to group
- Demonstrated ability to lead, plan manage, implement, organize and problem solve.
- Demonstrated Project Management skills
- Demonstrated QI/QM knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Demonstrated commitment to client focused services and teamwork.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate administrative, professional and operational aspects of the department throughout the Vancouver Island Health Authority in an effective and efficient manner.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and nurture an environment where quality improvement principles are embraced and used on a continuous basis.
- Compensation $41.53 - $59.69 per hour
- Job Location Victoria, BC V8X 1L9, Canada