|Job Title:||Medical Device Reprocessing Technician|
|Work Site:||Powell River Hospital|
|Status:||Casual (0 FTE)|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Salary:||$23.14 per hour|
Within the context of a client service culture, and in accordance with the established vision and values of the organization, you will work under general supervision and perform duties related to the decontaminating, inspecting, testing, assembling, packaging, wrapping, sterilizing and distribution of hospital products to be re-processed, including simple and complex instruments, linen and equipment utilized for patient care in the operating rooms and other areas of the Hospital.
In this role you will:
- Perform designated cleaning duties, restock operating and labour delivery operating rooms shelves, cupboards and carts according to established written procedures;
- Provide input regarding observations and interactions with patients to the unit based team; and,
- Perform related clerical duties.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12, successful completion of a recognized Medical Device Reprocessing course, plus one year’s recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of surgical and medical terminology.
- Mathematical aptitude.
- Ability to communicate and deal effectively with others.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
- Compensation $23.14 per hour