|Job Title:||Nursing Unit Assistant Older Adult Mental Health|
|Work Site:||STAT Centre at Blackmore Pavilion, Vancouver General Hospital|
|Status:||Regular Full Time|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Salary:||$22.65 per hour|
|Hours:||0800-1600 Monday to Friday|
Within the context of a client and family centred model of care, and in accordance with the established vision and values of the organization, works in a team based environment and performs clerical/receptionist functions in the support of the delivery of client care. Places client/family needs above all other concerns. The Nursing Unit Assistant performs a variety of clerical duties, transcribes and processes’ physicians’ orders, communicates with other departments and hospitals to coordinate client appointments and transportation, arranges client tests and receives results, receives visitors and answers the telephone, and prioritizes requests. Assembles and maintains client charts, arranges for client admissions and discharges, performs timekeeping functions, compiles statistics, types and distributes a variety of technical and non-technical reports and other materials utilizing computer systems and software relevant to the job, maintains an inventory of stationery supplies, and ensures filing systems are maintained.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12, medical terminology and graduation from a recognized Nursing Unit Clerk program plus one year’s recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to keyboard 45 w.p.m.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to utilize a variety of computer software applications.
This posting has been posted internally and externally concurrently. The Internal competition closes July 27, 2018. External applicants will be considered after internals.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
- Compensation $22.65 per hour