Do you have expert-level experience with enterprise Linux administration and containerization? Are you passionate about improving automation processes and solving complex technical problems? If yes, we’re looking for someone like you to join our infrastructure platform team as an OpenShift Infrastructure Analyst IV.
At Best Buy Canada, we believe empowered people and teams make smarter, faster, and more creative decisions. Our IT department is an Agile environment, where the distance between any one person and senior leadership is microscopic. Here, you’ll work on something big, small, or super cool and before you can blink 100,000 people will see it. You’ll create fast, learn fast, and develop fast. Oh, and sometimes you’ll fail fast too. That’s ok. (Honestly.) It’s all part of the process.
As an OpenShift Infrastructure Analyst IV you’ll be joining a cross-functional team that’s responsible for supporting and developing the company’s enterprise-scale Solaris server infrastructure. You’ll have the opportunity to apply your expertise to complex technical problems and find creative solutions to critical business needs, all while demonstrating functional leadership for the rest of the team. Your work will impact multiple areas of the business and help improve our processes, designs, and services. You’ll also have the opportunity to develop your business and technical skills through a combination of on-the-job cross-training and business-objective aligned training courses.
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing technical expertise on matters relating to nix/OCP infrastructure requirements, containerization, and microservices
- Producing technical documents and implementing project requirements
- Delivering operational support for internal projects, with an emphasis on automation
- Maintaining deployment, orchestration, and monitoring systems
- Researching, testing, and implementing new systems and technologies
- Serving as escalation point for emergent issues, and leading problem resolution workflows for Unix-related service desk items
- Creating environment and change documentation, as well as standard operating practice documents
- Taking part in the strategic management of the department, leveraging your technical expertise to assist in the definition of the department’s vision and mission
What you’ll need to succeed:
- 4+ years of experience with enterprise Linux administration, with preference to RHEL
- Understanding of containerized applications and micro-services orchestration, such as OpenShift or Kubernetes
- Intermediate to expert-level experience writing automated deployment and configuration management scripts using Ansible
- Intermediate to expert-level scripting experience with BASH shell/python
- Experience running production in 24/7/365 operational environments
- Understanding of network concepts and the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot connectivity issues
- Experience with multi-datacenter architectures
- Highly collaborative mindset that allows you to build trust and accountability
- Natural curiosity to explore and entertain fresh ideas and feedback
- Ability to embrace change with positivity and enthusiasm
- RHCE/LFCE certification or equivalent experience
- ITIL Foundation certification or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of experience with formal change management procedures
- 1+ years of experience working with OpenShift and Docker/Kubermetes
- Hands on experience writing Ansible playbooks and executing them
- Hands on experience troubleshooting Linux
- Virtualization experience with VMWare and Docker
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure and automation tools
What’s waiting for you at head office:
Our goal is work-life harmony for every employee. Don’t feel like driving to work each day? Hop on our free shuttle service that runs between our head office and the SkyTrain at Metrotown. Can’t find the time to work out as much as you’d like? Hit the treadmill, stationary bike, or weight room in our 24-hour on-site gym staffed by professional trainers. No time to pack a lunch or make breakfast? Our fully catered (and partially subsidized!) cafeteria serves everything from eggs benny and French toast to fresh-made sandwiches, stir fry, pasta, entrées, and more.
We also believe an amazing work-life harmony includes continual learning and growth… on company time. That’s why everyone in our eCommerce and IT departments has their own professional career coach, career development plan, and access to a series of in-house development seminars.
There’s more, too:
- Competitive benefits, including a variety of options for extended health, dental, and life insurance
- Registered Pension Plan where the company matches your contributions, dollar for dollar
- Employee stock purchase plan, with the company matching up to 5% of your eligible contributions
- Significant employee discounts both in-store and online
- Coffee bar that serves Starbucks and Seattle’s Best Coffee
- Easy access to riverside trails and parks when you need to unplug and take a break
- Free parking in our lot and loads of free street parking in the area
- On-site dry cleaning drop off and pick up service
- Opportunity to participate in regular hackathons and other similar events
If this sounds like a perfect fit, we want to hear from you! Send us your resume and cover letter to apply. Best Buy Canada is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on gender, race, or sexual orientation.
- Job Location 8800 Glenlyon Pkwy, Burnaby, BC, Canada