MEC Distribution Center is more than just a storage facility, they also deliver the goods. From our warehouse in Surrey, BC, this team focuses on running an efficient, well-organized, safe place to work. They lift heavy objects, wield the box cutters, and get things where they need to go.
As Order Processors, you’ll provide excellent organization, detail and selection service for products being shipped out daily.
You’ll work with an inclusive, hands-on, collaborative group that connects people, along with our stores with quality products to encourage active outdoor lives. You’ll always be learning, and there’s a good chance your co-workers will inspire you to try something new, like riding in a Fondo, bouldering or paddleboarding.
What you do:
- Price ticketing goods correctly and accurately.
- Able to lift and handle all product (so as to perform related functions).
- Housekeeping and clean-up of all work areas as needed/requested.
- Pre-sorting, sorting, and packing product.
- Duties related to documentation and the shipping system.
- Other related functions as needed.
What you bring:
- Minimum one year warehouse experience.
- A good natured, welcoming vibe. You’re outgoing and genuinely like working with people.
- Solid English communications skills, oral and written. You listen first, and then share knowledge.
- Ability to lift 60 lbs.
- Positive and respective attitude.
- Excellent attention to detail – some might call you nitpicky – because you know small things matter.
- When plan A doesn’t work, you find creative ways to make plan B (or C, D, E, F, G) work.
- Math aptitude.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Commitment to continuous improvement.
- Own CSA-approved steel toe boots (required).
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts.
- You’re stoked on something. Maybe you log miles in your sleep, build trails, crave water, organize hut trips, or ride to work.
- You remain cool under pressure.
- You solve problems in your sleep.
- Look good in a safety vest.