Do you love technology and know how to use it? Do you thrive on the daily challenges of working in a constantly evolving field? For members of Best Buy’s Information Technology Team, the answer is “Yes.” More than techies, our IT team members bring planning, strategy and even communication skills to bear in helping the company grow.
Our Product Owners distill user demand and stakeholder needs to create a product vision and backlog. They utilize the Product Vision and Backlog as tools to steer development capacity into an iteratively improved product within the total retail platform. Working within a team of Product Owners for various vertical slices of the platform, you will integrate information on cross-product dependencies and feed this into a clear picture of the outcomes.
In this role you will drive the vision, strategy and overall road map for Inventory to deliver meaningful value to Best Buy such as increasing our product availability and building the next generation of our inventory management systems. You will define the ideal journey, employing technology, and enabling automation for managing inventory and control.
As a Product Owner you will…
- Own the vision and a backlog for a vertically sliced product in our platform
- Share the rationale behind the prioritized backlog
- Be open to debate and adapt the backlog to best capture value
- Promote the voice of the customer
- Research industry trends and best practices to better advise your vision and backlog
- Maximize the return on investment of your product and the teams that you guide to support it
- Work within a team of Product Owners to ensure the platform is pursuing Best Buy’s strategy
We hope you are passionate about…
- Driving value through innovation – as a tech company we are constantly changing and evolving to bring better experiences to our customers; an openness and willingness to embrace change is critical
- Logic and critical thinking – we’re largely a data driven company so consideration of all angles and viewpoints is vital
- Having fun while being the best – we work hard but play harder
The experience we need…
- 4+ years of experience in Agile Product Owner or Product Manager roles within the software realm
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences, Psychology, or related field
- Experienced in inventory management, replenishment models, inventory levels and related supply chain concepts
- Retail experience is an asset
- Knowledge of JIRA
- CSPO preferred
We believe we have the unique opportunity to help customers enrich their lives and pursue their passions with the help of technology