At BCLC, we believe that our people are what makes us amazing so we are committed to our people. We have a culture of fun and hard work – it’s not unusual to see teams eating together at lunch in the cafeteria or heading outside for a walking meeting. We continue to have a highly engaged team and we’ve been named one of BC’s Top 50 Employers for over 10 years. Here are a few reasons why it’s great to be part of the team:
- Flexible work hours
- Robust wellness program with free onsite yoga, bootcamp, running club and more
- Company paid Flexible Health and Dental plan for you and your family
- Defined Benefit Pension Program
- Leadership and professional development programs
Why our Kamloops office rocks
The City of Kamloops offers a relaxed lifestyle with an abundance of recreational opportunities and a close-knit community of welcoming people. It has been home to the BCLC head office since 1985 and features:
- A subsidized cafeteria with healthy and delicious food choices
- Free gym
- Free parking and easy access to transit
- Close proximity to parks, trails and other recreation amenities
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Project Manager is accountable for leading cross-functional project teams to implement key strategic programs with an enterprise focus and to deliver business value. The role leads cross-functional activities and engages multiple stakeholders while mitigating risk resulting in the achievement of project deliverables and milestones. This role is responsive to business needs and is responsible for full scope project management including; defining and authoring organizational scope to meet project objectives and corporate strategy. The role is responsible for the concurrent management of a portfolio of key strategic projects.
The Project Manager will be required to travel up to 25% of the time within province.
- Work with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to create and manage the project plan including clearly defining and communicating project scope, deliverables, schedule and timelines
- Conducts risk assessment of factors facing the project and creates contingency plans and positioning; Implementing project operating procedures including communication, documentation, quality and change control processes while monitoring and analyzing planned versus actual project information for scope, schedule, budgets and resources.
- Coordinates amongst projects, including the coordination of resources and the resolution of conflicts, negotiating to secure resources for project activities and provide direction to their work efforts; Liaising with and managing vendors and contracts including change control and ensuring key deliverables and service levels are met.
- Provides an analysis of project statuses and their issues, including a centralized view of departmental projects to Steering Committee and/or Executive for issue resolution. This provides a high level view of projects and easy identification of issues requiring their attention that cannot be resolved at the project level in addition to providing information on risk assessment, contingency planning and trends that may have an impact on the success of the projects.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- The knowledge and skills for this position would typically be acquired through a degree or a four year college diploma in technology.
- Five to seven years of recent, related experience; including experience in a managerial capacity.
Formal Project management training or certification including PMP, PRINCE2 or equivalent
- Masters Certificate. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- In depth knowledge of project management methodologies and tools including scope management, work breakdown structures and scheduling, risk assessment, decision tree analysis, etc.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to translate business requirements into functional scope and specifications and the ability to communicate complicated technical issues to technical, non-technical and Steering Committee and Executive audiences.
- Ability to respond to a high volume of work with multiple concurrent tasks
Strong analytical skills including the ability to quickly identify potential issues and risk and craft innovative solutions.
- The application of appropriate judgment and discretion in the resolution or escalation of project issues and recommendations to Steering Committee or Executive.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and project management software
Please Note: This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Please Note: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada