In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority, patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at VIHA; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Carries out Pulmonary Function diagnostic testing at the Category III, IV Pulmonary Function Testing (PFT) Lab level. Responsible for quality controls as required by the BCMA Diagnostic Accreditation Program.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Graduation from an approved Respiratory Therapy program, Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists (CSRT) certification, and current Cardiac life Support, Level C Certificate. Eligible for registered membership with the British Columbia Society of Respiratory Therapists (BCSRT). One (1) year recent related experience as a Respiratory Therapist including at least one (1) year experience in Pulmonary Function Testing, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal effectively with others at all levels.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate and maintain related equipment.
- Ability to organize work.
- Compensation $28.54 - $35.62 per hour
- Job Location Nanaimo, BC V9S 2B7, Canada