STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
Job Description Summary
Currently, we have an opening for a QC Analyst, Master Cell Bank in our Quality Control Department, for the Vancouver office. The QC Analyst must be proficient in laboratory techniques and have direct working experience in handling cell cultures and performing related tasks using aseptic technique. Responsible for preparing and testing master and working cell banks; sub-cloning and isotyping of hybridomas; and testing of finished products, in-process products and raw materials, including all analysis and documentation. May also perform experiments related to troubleshooting, stability testing and product-related issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all aspects of cell culture and maintenance from thawing through cryopreservation of cells following good cell culture practice guidelines.
- Perform a variety of cell based and analytical assays to evaluate in-process materials and products according to established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Perform specialized tissue culture assays and techniques including monitoring cell proliferation, confluence, morphological assessment, cell health and stability of mammalian and human cell lines.
- Perform sub cloning of hybridomas and evaluate supernatant antibody specificity.
- Media and reagent preparation for conducting any assay as described. Preparation of cells to meet various project demands.
- Participate in the development or improvement of QC testing procedures, including writing or revising SOPs and working documents, reports or templates.
- Participation in and compliance to QMS.
- Investigate and document out-of-specification results and non-conformances to support and maintain Quality Systems requirements.
- Analyze data and accurately complete QC testing reports using good documentation practices.
- Apply a quality mindset and critical thinking skills to all aspects of work conducted.
- Communicate with supervisors and coworkers to promote a safe and cooperative working environment.
- BSc or technical degree in Biology, Biochemistry or relevant area with emphasis on Cell Biology
- Minimum 2 years lab-based work experience in a cell culture environment
- Excellent laboratory skills including aseptic technique
- Experience with live-cell imaging, ELISA, iso-typing is highly desirable
- Ability to work with precision and accuracy
- Excellent attention-to-detail and record-keeping skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with ISO 13485 standards, Quality Systems and writing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively in a team setting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Applications
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
- Compensation We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.