In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of Island Health (Vancouver Island Health Authority), patient and staff safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Reports to the Nurse Manager, Department Head, or designate. Plans and provides direct nursing care to patients/residents in the hospital or in the community in accordance with the unit/program philosophy, competency guidelines, policies, and the C.R.N.B.C. Standards for Nursing Practice in British Columbia.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Registration with BC College of Nursing Professionals as a practicing RN registrant. Up to two (2) years recent, related experience depending on clinical setting.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to organize assigned workload and set priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with a variety of internal and external contacts, including co-workers, physicians, community agency representatives, patients, residents and families.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Compensation $33.56 - $44.06 per hour
- Job Location Victoria, BC V8Z 6R5, Canada