Registered Nurse, Asthma Clinic
Regular Part Time
Monday, Thursday & Fridays + every other Wednesday per rotation
Hours: 8am – 4pm.
BC Children’s Hospital,
The Registered Nurse with BC Children’s Asthma Clinic provides and coordinates nursing care services such as patient assessment, patient and family teaching, and health promotion activities for patients and their families, consistent with established policies, standards, and philosophy of BC Children’s Hospital (BCCH), BC Women’s Hospital & Health Centre (BCW), and Sunny Hill Health Centre for Children (SHHC).
Education, Training and Experience
- Current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC).
- One year recent related experience in the designated clinical area and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The Employer will equally consider an equivalent combination of education, training and experience (with the exception of Public Health and Preventative Nurses)
Key Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to relate effectively to children and their families and others.
- Ability to function as an active member of multidisciplinary care team.
- Ability to demonstrate effective CPR techniques.
- Ability to organize work
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
- Ability to operate related equipment including applicable computer software.