In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of Island Health (Vancouver Island Health Authority), patient and staff safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Reports to the Nurse Manager, Department Head, or designate, the Registered Nurse – PICU plans and provides direct nursing care to patients in the hospital in accordance with the unit/program philosophy, competency guidelines, policies, and the C.R.N.B.C. Standards for Nursing Practice in British Columbia.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Registration with BC College of Nursing Professionals as a practicing RN registrant. Current CPR Basic Rescuer. Knowledge of physiology and psychology of children aged newborn to 16 years; recognized Pediatric ICU education certificate; up to two years recent (within the past 2 years) experience in Pediatric ICU; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to organize assigned workload and set priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with a variety of internal and external contacts, including co-workers, physicians, community agency representatives, patients, residents and families.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Additional information for applicants
- Compensation $33.56 - $44.06 per hour
- Job Location Victoria, BC V8Z 6R5, Canada