POSTING NUMBER: 2018-85
POSITION: Nurse, On-going Casual
UNION: HSA or BCNU – Nurses’ Bargaining Unit
PROGRAM: Beckman House, Maple Ridge
SALARY RANGE: $33.56 – $44.06
HOURS OF PAY: 20 hours per week
SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday: 1700 hrs to 2100 hrs
START DATE: ASAP
All candidates subject to a criminal records check.
Qualifications and job description attached.
Please indicate posting number 2018-85 when sending applications and resumes to:
No later than 1 p.m. Friday, January 11, 2019.
** Days and hours of work may change.
At MPA Society, the unique capabilities and talents of our employees are our greatest asset. We believe that a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace culture enhance our ability to work in partnership with the diverse communities and people we serve. MPA Society hires on the basis of merit, and we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Job Description – Nurse R.P.N/R.N
Classification benchmark: Direct Patient Care Profile Classification Level 3
Grid level: Level 3 (RN/RPN)
Collective Agreement: Nurses’ Bargaining Association (NBA)
Reports to: Nurse Manager
Functions and Responsibilities
Responsible for ensuring the continuity of operations in the absence of the full time Manager of Care. This includes ensuring compliance with the Adult Care Regulations and the Community Care and Assisted Living Facilities Act, the policies and requirements of Fraser Health and the philosophy of the MPA Society. Provides leadership and direction to the frontline mental health workers and the recreation therapist ensuring all care related activities are recovery focused and based on the principles of psychosocial rehabilitation.
- Provide direct nursing care utilizing established standards, policies, and procedure to support the needs of members/residents.
- Perform nursing assessments in response to noted deviations from baseline functioning, including goals and needs related to physical, psychological, social concerns.
- Implement recovery plans including goals and interventions, desired outcomes, in collaboration with the member and the Mental Health Team.
- Observe and report changes in physical and psychiatric symptoms
- Dispense medication in accordance with licensing regulations and pharmacy policies and procedures
- Monitor and assess member’s response to medication regime, assess for side effects and drug interactions
- Guide non-professional staff in the implementation of care plans.
- Maintain records on member’s health care requirements, medication, vital signs, and other pertinent data in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Provide education to members/residents regarding health care issues
- Liaise with community agencies such as the Mental Health Team and physicians
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager of Care.
Education, Training & Experience
- RPN/RN with BHSc (PN)/BSN preferred or equivalent consideration of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working in a psychiatric residential community care facility.
- Able to work independently, exercise initiative and good judgement.
- Excellent communication skills.
- TB clearance and medical certification.
- Current CPR and First Aid certification.
- Compensation $33.56-$44.06
- This job has expired!