POSTING NUMBER: 2018-82
POSITION: Nurse, Regular Full-Time
UNION: HSA or BCNU – Nurses’ Bargaining Unit
PROGRAM: Larwill Place, Vancouver
SALARY RANGE: $33.56 – $44.06
HOURS OF PAY: 37.5 hours per week
SCHEDULE: Monday to Friday: 0800 hrs to 1600 hrs
START DATE: ASAP
All candidates subject to a criminal records check.
Qualifications and job description attached.
Please indicate posting number 2018-82 when sending applications and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
No later than 4 p.m. Friday, January 18, 2019
** Days and hours of work may change.
At MPA Society, the unique capabilities and talents of our employees are our greatest asset. We believe that a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace culture enhance our ability to work in partnership with the diverse communities and people we serve. MPA Society hires on the basis of merit, and we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Job Description – Nurse R.N/R.P.N
Larwill Place Modular Housing
Classification Benchmark: Direct Patient Care Profile Classification Level 3
Grid Level: Level 3 (RN/RPN)
Collective Agreement: Nurses’ Bargaining Association (NBA)
Reports To: Program Manager
Provide individualized direct nursing care and brokerage services to a wide range of clients with severe and persistent mental illness, addictions, and/or dementia in MPA’s downtown Vancouver modular housing program. Responsible for the full range of clinical practice and the client-centred rehabilitation program by working independently and as a member of a team. This includes ensuring compliance with the policies and requirements of BC Housing, Vancouver Coastal Health Authority, and the philosophy of MPA Society. Provides leadership and direction to the frontline mental health workers, ensuring all care related activities are client-centred, and based on the principles of psychosocial rehabilitation.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Provide direct nursing care utilizing established standards, policies, and procedure to support the needs of members/residents.
- Perform nursing assessments in response to noted deviations from baseline functioning, including goals and needs related to physical, psychological, social concerns.
- Implement recovery plans including goals and interventions, desired outcomes, in collaboration with the member and the Mental Health Team.
- Observe and report changes in physical and psychiatric symptoms
- Dispense medication in accordance with licensing regulations and pharmacy policies and procedures
- Monitor and asses member’s response to medication regime, assess for side effects and drug interactions
- Guide non-professional staff in the implementation of care plans.
- Maintain records on member’s health care requirements, medication, vital signs, and other pertinent data in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Provide education to members/residents regarding health care issues
- Liaise with community agencies such as the Mental Health Team and physicians
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
- The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Education, Training & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
- Minimum two (2) years of recent related experience providing treatment services to individuals with mental health, addictions and chronic medical concerns,
– or an equivalent combination of training, education, and experience.
- Able to work independently, exercise initiative and good judgement
- Excellent communication skills
- TB clearance and medical certification
- Current CPR and First Aid certification
- Compensation $33.56-$44.06