Requisition ID: 186788
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
What is SAP iXp?
SAP’s Internship Experience Project is a paid program that gives university students the space to find purpose in their careers. We believe that through placing passionate people on the right teams, providing leadership and learning opportunities, and working on impactful projects, purpose is born. Piqued your interest?
Three reasons to apply for SAP iXp:
- No more fetching coffee: Work on in-depth projects, emerging products and technologies that drive business results.
- Lifelong learning: Meet with mentors, make new friends, and attend learning sessions from diverse subject matter experts.
- Gain visibility: With iXp in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs, and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
What you’ll do:
- Position Title: UX Designer Intern
- Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Expected start date to end date: September 4, 2018 – May 3, 2019
Purpose & Objective of Position
We are looking for a User Experience Designer with prototyping and usability testing skills to join the SAP Analytics Cloud User Experience team in Vancouver, BC. Working collaboratively with user experience designers, developers, product managers/experts and other related disciplines you will be designing best practice user interfaces for SAP Analytics Cloud.
Expectations & Tasks
- Gather design and user requirements through collaboration with the project team
- Generate wireframes, interactive prototypes and visual designs quickly and reliably
- Design, conduct and interpret usability research
Who you are:
We’re looking for someone who can challenge the status quo and likes to stay curious. You enjoy working on meaningful projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
Skills / Competencies
- Knowledge of User Centered Design principles
- Experience in tools like Sketch, Illustrator and Flinto
- Experience with usability testing
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills
Educational Requirements (degrees, class completion, etc.)
- University Degree Program in a Design related field, like “Human Factors” or “Human Computer Interaction”
- Requires candidates to currently be enrolled in an undergraduate, Masters, MBA or PhD degree program which is applicable to the position.
What you can expect from us:
- An internship packed full of events to ensure you understand our technologies, our competitive landscape, our culture and our leadership philosophy
- Community of mentors and volunteer engagement teams to join and lead
- Collaborative open-concept work environment in the heart of Yaletown
- Games room, fitness classes, massage therapist, and 24/7 access to onsite gym
- Well-stocked snacks, coffee, teas, sodas and candy
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.