As a Senior UX Designer, you have both the technical skills and empathy for your users that allows for creation of highly effective interactive experiences. IA, UX, User Research are skills you consider as your craft.
Simplicity isn’t enough; clarity is where your design is at. You think about how people interpret the objects on the screen. What they think about, what moves them, what frustrates them, what makes them happy. You know that the right design decision can make all the difference. You can effectively discuss the values of having form labels either above or to the left of fields because you know and care about the difference. And then turn around and discuss overall product flow. You’re excited to discover a better solution, even well into the process. You don’t mind throwing something out in favour of a better idea or implementation.
You thrive on designing highly complex interactions which drive revenue for while maintaining the needs of the user. You understand how to balance the needs of the business while keeping the user at the heart of your design process. You are an educator and an advocate for UCD and Design thinking.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING…
- Defining the UX strategy, vision and customer journey for the product in-conjunction with the Product Owner.
- Contributing to the product road map with ideas for evolving and iterating the user experience based on quantitative data and user research.
- Clearly communicate design rationale to cross-functional team members to help educate on the value of UCD.
- Working collaboratively with developers, product owners, business stakeholders, and UI designers to build scalable solutions to improve the user experience.
- Creating deliverables such as process flows, wire frames, and functional prototypes to effectively communicate design strategies and detailed interaction behaviours.
- Navigating a fast-paced Agile environment requiring independent self-direction with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
- Working with the product owners and cross-functional teams to come up with test options to validate design solutions.
- Ensuring that stakeholders are consulted with at the right time and are kept up-to-date.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE…
- 8+ years of experience in UX Design.
- 2+ years of coaching team members in an Agile scrum environment.
- Experience in eCommerce, Retail.
- Advanced skills in interaction design, information architecture, usability evaluation, and user research.
- Ability to quickly grasp goals and requirements from light specifications.
- Familiarity with Accessibility standards and how to apply them.
WHY WORK WITH US?
- Employer-matching pension plan
- Employer-matching stock purchase plan
- Health spending account
- 24-hour gym facility
- In-house catering and coffee bar
- On-site postal service
- On-site car wash service
- On-site dry cleaning service
- SkyTrain shuttle service
- Flexible work schedule
- Tuition reimbursements
- Employee discount purchase plan