Shed Services (Shed) is an on-demand self-storage startup using technology and a proprietary storage system to disrupt a highly fragmented $33b/year industry. We are backed by private investors and are growing rapidly in Vancouver. We’re committed to providing an amazing experience to our customers by making it possible for them to have items picked up, stored, and returned.
Shed is looking for team members to help grow our company’s brand and tell our story. Could it be you?
What the role entails:
The person in this role will be responsible for the safe handling and packing of customers’ household goods and driving our trucks to pick up, delivery, and drop off locations. Whether it be lifting, loading or unloading, our focus is to ensure customer goods are handled with great care and attention to detail every step of the way. We are looking for self-motivated, responsible, and professional team players that thrive on building our brand and customer experience with excellent quality and services.
As a Field Associate, a typical day might include the following:
- Driving to and from pick up and drop off locations;
- Lift, load and unload customer household goods;
- Packaging, dismantling, and cataloguing;
- Recycle and dump – follow procedures, laws, regulations, and guidelines;
- Perform routine inspections and safety checks on company owned trucks and vehicles – report deficiencies, maintenance and repairs;
- Other duties may be assigned.
Our must haves:
- Ability to lift and move 50+ lbs (Household goods);
- Valid class 5 BC Driver’s license. Clean driving abstract is a must;
- Previous experience in the trucking, moving and storage, and customer service industries are a definite asset;
- Able to follow truck routes, regulations and clearance heights;
- Clean, presentable and professional appearance is a requirement. Company uniforms will be provided;
- Ability to work well in teams and individually.
What you bring to this role:
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the proven ability to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally;
- Ability to lead by example and a self-starter;
- Good understanding of general weights, dimensions and measurements;
- Solid communication skills both verbally and written;
- Organized, with strong time management skills.
What’s in it for you?
- $18/hr to start
- Full health, dental and vision benefits
- Awesome company culture
- Great uniforms